Hair extensions might seem like a new invention but in reality hair additions have been around as far back as the Egyptian times when both men and women work wigs. Since then hair pieces have been in and out of fashion ever since.
In 1800 Arizona fake hair was frowned upon and women left their hair to be natural until the Romantic era was in full swing when women wore elaborate Apollo knots. Come the mid Victorian era and hair pieces were used a lot more extensively. Then strangely in the early 20th century Edwardian women wore false hair additions to create the pompadour hairstyle which looked like a woman was wearing a teapot on her head. How that became fashionable I don’t really know!
Around the 1920’s less hair was the big thing so hair pieces took a dive around that time and it wasn’t until the 1940s when long hair came back into fashion and women starting indulging again. Then in the 1960’s big hair was back with a vengeance. Coils were the in thing or the updo as better known to us were seen of many women, this was created by very extravagant human hair pieces. Wigs made from real or fake hair were commonly worn around this time too and carried on into the early 70’s. Come the 80’s and big hair was in but only natural hair. Famous singers wore wigs but that was about it.
Human Hair Extensions
Hair extensions are the latest fashion accessory and are proving popular throughout the world. They are adding hair that is not your own onto your own hair are a safe, natural way to enhance your inner beauty. Human hair extensions are generally purchased through salons that provide extensionist services. This is not an exact science and are custom from person to person. These are becoming more and more popular every day and are a great addition for women wanting to change their hair style and to get that hairstyle they have been desiring for some time. They are accessible in numerous dissimilar colors, textures, styles, and lengths and are a great hair style option for weddings, proms, homecomings or other special occasions. They are also a common accessory in Hollywood and you can get that glamorous look you've always wanted through the magic of them.
Hair extensions are decidedly not a one size accommodates all, and some techniques may not be appropriate for certain hair textures and circumstances. They are made from human hair, synthetic hair, or a blend of the two and are usually used for medium and short hair to produce longer locks or varying different looks. They are easy to apply (with proper training) but are not something that you should just go and get done, without the proper preparation and research. These are done using three different methods, Braid Weaves, Mega Tips, and Micro Linking. They are not wigs nor are they artificial extensions, they are usually made from real human hair. Hair extensions are strands of either real or synthetic hair which are set close to the scalp by using various systems of fixation.
They are a great way to add color and dimension to your hair without changing your actual hair color. They are able to be curled or straightened, but again, if the hair is synthetic, a lower heat setting is advisable. The great thing about them are that they can be used to achieve the same goal as a haircut to help you get that perfect hair style that will accentuate your beauty.
As well as permanent methods, there are also a wide range of clip in them on the market which are excellent for changing the way you look within minutes and can be put in and taken out as and when you please. Hair extensions are without doubt the key to a world made of changing shapes, lifestyles and desires.
A Guide to Arizona Hair Extension Salons
Hair extensions are widely used by several classes of people, the exact idea of the technique and how it is done still remains unknown to many. Varieties of extension techniques are in use today and each of them have specifications.
With the help of extensions we can make the hair feel more volume and thus enhancing the beauty.
Strand by strand extensions: Helpful in providing more volume and also length. The hair is sectioned first and small strands are taken from this section and they are further added to these sections either by gluing or heat fusing etc.
Weft extensions: They are exactly similar to strand by strand extensions with the difference being that here larger sections are taken.
Clip in extensions: They are considered to be the cheap as gluing is not required. The extensions are all clipped to a track which in turn is attached with metal pieces which can easily be clipped or sided in places.
Remi and non remi are the two categories into which a human hair is divided. Remi hair is highly expensive as it provides better quality and lasts longer. The donors hair is cut and placed in the same way in the recipients cuticle. Non remi hair is not very expensive as the hair may get damaged in long term usage. The hair lying on floor after an haircut, or the hair left in the brushes etc are all collected to make the non remi hair.
They are made to look like the real human hair and is made of fiber. They are least expensive. Thought they look like real hair, cannot be styled and colored like the real human hair. Hence it does not provide all the benefits of the real hair.
Adequate care should be provided to both the human types and above mentioned hair. Washing should be done only with shampoos which are not strong and only when they turn dry or give put an unpleasing smell. After shampooing, it is advisable to run the fingers through the hair to remove tangles.
There are plenty of different options on the market at the moment for anyone interested in longer hair, with much debate over which option makes for the best hair extensions. Here we go over the pros and cons of different types of extension so you can pick the best hair extensions for your look.
Real vs. Synthetic Hair
The first thing to understand when choosing any type of hair extensions is that they can be made of real hair or from synthetic product. Although real hair products are usually more expensive, these are definitely much better than synthetic products, which will never look quite like real hair. There only time the synthetic extensions may be the best is if:
- You're having dreadlocks put in
- You deliberately want to add in a false look for example with neon extensions
Unless either of these applies, you should always go for real hair. Even then there is often a choice of which type of hair to go for. The golden rule is to try and match your own hair type as much as possible, so if you are a Westerner then buy European hair, which is treated to be available in any natural shade. Asian hair extensions are the best extensions to go for only if you actually are Asian, or they will not look like your own.
Different Types of Salon Hair Extensions
Visiting the salon to get hair extensions remains popular, where there are basically two main choices of extensions offered:
- Individual strand extensions
- Weft extensions
Individual strand extensions involve taking small sections of your own hair and adding in the extension hair to the strands. These can look pretty good, and are the choice of many celebrities, but there can also be dire consequences if they go wrong. The fact that chemical substances are used to basically 'stick' the hair extension onto your own hair means that it is pretty difficult to remove them without damaging your hair or scalp. This method can also be expensive, since the extensions will only remain in place for a few months before they start to fall out and have to be completely reapplied.
Weft hair extensions look like a long curtain of hair, and are attached instead using corn rows. Although this is much better for your hair, you still have to visit the salon every few weeks as your own hair grows. The cornrows can also be quite uncomfortable to have against your head over long periods of time.
Hair Clip Extensions
A much newer product to the market is the hair extension clip. These too come in a choice of synthetic and real hair, and are definitely the best hair extension for anyone who likes to change their look regularly, since you can pop them in or out easily whenever you want longer or shorter hair. Hair extension clips can be used to achieve the same look as you would get from salon extensions, but are also much less expensive, since they can be used over and over again.
Overall the question of which are the best hair extensions varies from person to person, but for many who wish to simply gain a glamorous look for a special occasion, clip-in extensions made from real hair are the best choice to go for.
- Hair Extensions Phoenix
- Purchase Hair Extensions Tucson
- Tape Hair Extensions Mesa
- Cheap Extensions Chandler
- Purchase Hair Extensions Glendale
- Hair Extensions Scottsdale
- Weave Hair Extensions Gilbert
- Hair Extensions Tempe
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Peoria
- Cheap Extensions Surprise
- Clip In Hair Extensions Yuma
- Weave Hair Extensions Avondale
- Clip In Hair Extensions Flagstaff
- Weave Hair Extensions Goodyear
- Permanent Hair Extensions Lake Havasu
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Buckeye
- Clip In Hair Extensions Casa Grande
- Hair Extensions Sierra Vista
- Cheap Extensions Maricopa
- Clip In Hair Extensions Oro Valley
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Prescott
- Cheap Extensions Bullhead
- Clip In Hair Extensions Prescott Valley
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Apache Junction
- Cheap Extensions Marana
- Permanent Hair Extensions El Mirage
- Purchase Hair Extensions Kingman
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Queen Creek
- Clip In Hair Extensions Florence
- Tape Hair Extensions San Luis
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Sahuarita
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Fountain Hills
- Permanent Hair Extensions Nogales
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Douglas
- Cheap Extensions Eloy
- Weave Hair Extensions Payson
- Weave Hair Extensions Somerton
- Permanent Hair Extensions Paradise Valley
- Tape Hair Extensions Coolidge
- Tape Hair Extensions Cottonwood
- Clip In Hair Extensions Camp Verde
- Weave Hair Extensions Chino Valley
- Cheap Extensions Show Low
- Tape Hair Extensions Sedona
- Clip In Hair Extensions Winslow
- Cheap Extensions Safford
- Weave Hair Extensions Globe
- Weave Hair Extensions Page
- Weave Hair Extensions Tolleson
- Purchase Hair Extensions Wickenburg
- Tape Hair Extensions Young
- Clip In Hair Extensions South Tucson
- Tape Hair Extensions Snowflake
- Hair Extensions Bisbee
- Clip In Hair Extensions Guadalupe
- Hair Extensions Litchfield Park
- Tape Hair Extensions Benson
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Holbrook
- Permanent Hair Extensions Cave Creek
- Tape Hair Extensions Eagar
- Weave Hair Extensions Thatcher
- Weave Hair Extensions Colorado
- Permanent Hair Extensions Pinetop-Lakeside
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Taylor
- Hair Extensions Clarkdale
- Permanent Hair Extensions Dewey-Humboldt
- Cheap Extensions Willcox
- Hair Extensions Quartzsite
- Permanent Hair Extensions St. Johns
- Purchase Hair Extensions Carefree
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Clifton
- Clip In Hair Extensions Parker
- Purchase Hair Extensions Williams
- Tape Hair Extensions Wellton
- Hair Extensions Superior
- Weave Hair Extensions Pima
- Cheap Extensions Star Valley
- Tape Hair Extensions Springerville
- Clip In Hair Extensions Kearny
- Permanent Hair Extensions Gila Bend
- Permanent Hair Extensions Huachuca
- Tape Hair Extensions Miami
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Mammoth
- Clip In Hair Extensions Tombstone
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Fredonia
- Permanent Hair Extensions Patagonia
- Cheap Extensions Duncan
- Tape Hair Extensions Hayden
- Purchase Hair Extensions Jerome
- Purchase Hair Extensions Winkelman
- Hair Extensions Tusayan
More information here.