A hair extension is the technique of adding hair that isn’t your own onto your own natural hair. There are a variety of methods for adding a hair extension, including weaving, bonding, braiding and strand by strand. Some of these techniques are best performed by trained hair professionals, while others are simple enough for you to do yourself, at home.
They can be styled and washed which makes them a versatile way of achieving a new look. Hair extensions and hairpieces come in a range of hair types – wavy, curly and long straight and sleek; various textures and lengths.
Celebrities have been seen wearing hairpieces and clip in hair extensions for the past few months which has caused this hair accessory to become popular with women of all ages around the world. One of the most versatile forms of South Lake Tahoe is the clip on ponytail, which is simple and easy to attach to your own hair pulled back in a knot.
These are available in inexpensive synthetic as well as human hair which are both fully washable. Hair extensions are a temporary answer to achieving a different hair style whether you go to a salon and have it professionally attached or put in in yourself.
Clip in hair extensions cover a range of techniques and applications. To experience a funky modern look without damaging your hair with chemicals and dyes, try a clip in color streaks hair extension.
In 1800 fake hair was frowned upon and women left their hair to be natural until the Romantic era was in full swing when women wore elaborate Apollo knots. Come the mid Victorian era and hair pieces were used a lot more extensively. Then strangely in the early 20th century Edwardian women wore false hair additions to create the pompadour hairstyle which looked like a woman was wearing a teapot on her head. How that became fashionable I don’t really know!
Around the 1920’s less hair was the big thing so hair pieces took a dive around that time and it wasn’t until the 1940s when long hair came back into fashion and women starting indulging again. Then in the 1960’s big hair was back with a vengeance. Coils were the in thing or the updo as better known to us were seen of many women, this was created by very extravagant human hair pieces. South Lake Tahoe Wigs made from real or fake hair were commonly worn around this time too and carried on into the early 70’s. Come the 80’s and big hair was in but only natural hair. Famous singers wore wigs but that was about it.
Micro Ring Hair Extension Advantages and Disadvantages
Every girl dreams of her wedding day! How absolutely fun it is to plan! You can express your personal style in everything for this special day.
After the engagement, the plans start becoming reality. The hurdle most parents and bride have to get over is the cost. The bride and parents budget for all of the normal wedding costs. These are a few of the normal wedding costs.
- Engagement photos
- Ceremony location
- Minister to marry them
- Ceremony music
- Ceremony flowers
- Ceremony candles and decorations
- Wedding dress
- Dinner costs
- Wedding cake
- Party favors
- Rental equipment
Some brides have found a way to express their own style and flair in their hair and beauty in an economical way. What's their secret? They are turning to clip-on hair extensions to help them look their best for this special occasion. This is the "hottest" beauty item today! Whether they want a glamorous updo or long beautiful flowing locks, hair extensions can give them this in an instant.
Why would a bride need hair extensions? For women with thin or fine hair, extensions can give them length, volume and thickness. These would allow them to try new hair styles without a professional. The more hair they have the more dramatic styles that can be created. Women want to look and be special! Imagine transforming your short to medium hair styles into long free-flowing locks or a fabulous updo just for this special occasion!
What types of clip-on hair extensions are there? A couple types of hair extensions are natural human hair or synthetic. Natural hair extensions are considerably more expensive. The advantages with these is that they can be colored, curled, set, or treated. Applying natural hair extensions should be done by a licensed cosmetologist. They can be weaved or glued onto one's hair. You could easily spend up to $2,000 on this type of extension. Synthetic hair extensions are less expensive but you cannot use a hair dryer on them, set them or color them. They are attached with a small clip. They can be put in and out in an instant. Most extensions come in a variety of colors to match your own hair. The extensions blend many color tones to give a highlighting effect.
Brides have fallen in love with these hair extensions not only for their wedding day but also for the ease of changing their hair look for their honeymoon. They can change their hair style to match their trendy fashions. Maybe they want ponytail curls or a long and sleek style! The extensions can be removed one day and clipped back in again for another event. How fun!
As my daughter and I are planning her special wedding day, we are experimenting with hair extensions for that perfect hair style for her veil and dress. Her dream wedding is right around the corner. Hope your wedding day is as you dreamed it would be! When planning your dream wedding remember this little hair styling secret. You will look gorgeous without going over budget. The possibilities are endless!
South Lake Tahoe Care and Maintenance
You see them everywhere; they allow celebrities to go from short hair to greater lengths in an instant. Some look awful while others blend so well that no one would ever suspect; but have you ever wondered where the hair used in extensions comes from? Is it from human sources? What kind of process does it go through before it is attached as an extension? This article will address some of these questions and offer a couple of other insights into the world of the hair extension industry that may interest the average, information seeking, consumer.
First, we should establish that there are many companies that send buyers out to acquire hair for hair extensions and, without sounding biased to one brand or the other, I will just say this... not all hair extensions are created equal, so, buyer beware!
There are three basic categories of hair that is used for hair extensions.
• Synthetic - Hair made from synthetic fibers that are less likely to tangle with your natural hair but is very susceptible to melting due to heat from hot dryers and irons.
• Animal - In particular, the animal hair that is widely used for extensions comes from the under-belly of the Yak. It is claimed that this type of hair, because of its texture and look, has the most suitable structure for use as a match for chemically relaxed and treated African-Ethnic hair. One major drawback is that from there are those who will experience or develop allergic reactions to the Yak hair.
• Human - This hair may come from a variety of geographical regions. A word of caution: There are companies that will claim that the product you are receiving is from a human source but on final analysis, it may be shown to contain animal hair or synthetic fibers, as well. The reason this is allowed to occur is due to the technicality that if a collection of hair joined to form an extension strand contains at least one human strand in the mix, by legal standards it can be marketed as human. So, when researching where your particular extensions come from, always make sure that you are guaranteed that what you are buying is 100% human hair.
Now that we have categorized what the basic types of hair extensions are made of, we can look a little further into how the human hair, used in hair extensions, is collected.
Human hair collected for extensions can be categorized as:
• Remy: Meaning that all the hairs still have their cuticle layers intact with each strand faced in the same direction (this creates a natural fall to the extension, keeps tangling to a minimum, and allows light reflectivity for shine). Ideally the donor of this type of hair has a long braid cut from their head so as to preserve the quality of the cuticle layers following the same direction. Because of the care taken when gathering Remy hair, it tends to be more expensive to purchase but is the most desirable and suitable hair to use.
• Non-Remy: Cuticle layers are not aligned in the same directional flow. These strands are usually collected as naturally shed, fallen hair that is collected from hairbrushes. As you can imagine, this confused mixture of hair is very prone to tangling and matting due to the cuticle layers of the individual hairs not following in the same directions. To rectify this, these hairs are often subjected to acid treatments that remove the cuticle layers from the hair shafts, leaving behind a product that is weakened and dull looking. A silicone is then added to the hair to make the dull, stripped hair shinier. Over time this silicone erodes and washes away, leaving the Non-Remy tresses in their post-chemically treated, compromised condition. Being of lesser quality, this hair is less cost prohibitive than that of Remy hair but typically, produces a less desirable result.
Hopefully, I've shed a bit of light on where hair extension hair comes from, how it's processed, and created a platform where those of you that may be interested in getting an expert hair extension service performed will be able to make thoughtful decisions about the products that are used on your head.
Hair Extension Information
Many women like using clip-in hair extensions. Clip-in extensions are clipped to your natural hair and therefore increase the volume and length of your hair. With these you may also choose to have hair which is temporary colored. Ladies with thin hair can easily gain more volume with clip-in hair extensions. These are made from man-made or human hair. You may also straighten or curl them as per your choice. These extensions are available in a variety of colors and lengths. You also have the option of removing them while going to bed.
Apart from clip-in extensions, women also prefer using wigs. Nowadays, wigs are made from a variety of materials. Modern day wigs use the most natural looking materials which have luster and imitate human hair. Materials used for making wigs are mainly lightweight, soft, manageable, and very durable. There are several style options even with wigs. You may choose from straight, curly, or wavy hair wigs to match your style. These wigs remain the same even after several washes as they are baked. A wig can change one's style in a matter of seconds. You can wear and take them off, as and when you like.
Several people are worried about their wigs fitting well, in other words, looking natural. It may sometimes be difficult to set these wigs for people who are new or out of practice. The front lace wig is a very popular. The wig can be adjusted with the help of 2 straps which are present on each side. These allow women to give their wigs a snug fit. You can wear these wigs very easily on your own. You don't need a professional to set these up for you every time.
There are several kinds of wigs and clip-in hair extension easily available in the market. Before you select between the two choices, it is very important to be sure about your choice. You should know that both these are easily made of natural and man made hair strands. These also come in various styles and colors for you to experiment with your looks.
However, people must be careful about using wigs and placing them naturally. Unlike hair clip-in hair extensions, which are clipped firmly to the roots of your hair, these wigs are mere placed, tied or glued to stay put. While using clip-in hair extensions you may need professional help and some more money, but the results will be outstanding. However, these clip-in hair extensions are also reusable. So you have the freedom of experimenting with your style as many times as you wish. Using clip-in hair extensions have one more advantage. You need not only use one color of these, you can freely mix and match several colors of extensions to get a colorful look. Using different colors at a time will give you that perfect bohemian look if you desire.
I would personally recommend women to use clip-in hair extensions instead of wigs. However trendy your wig may be, it does not make you feel natural. Clip-in hair extensions give that natural feel as they are used along with your natural hair. Therefore it is important that you go for clip-in hair extension to get that chic look.