Hair extensions started being used in the 1980s, but because of poor results and high expense, were abandoned until about 5 years ago. Their popularity has been boosted by all the celebrities who now use them.
What are hair extensions?
Hair extensions are hairpieces that can be attached to your natural hair or scalp; they enhance the thickness of your hair or the length. There are several kinds, but the most popular ones are
· Strands, small clusters of about 30 pieces of hair
· Wefts, slightly larger curtains of hair, joined at the top and free flowing at the ends. The best wefts are hand-made, not machine-made.
· Braids and dreadlocks, which are pre-wound.
Some are synthetic and some are made of human hair. The natural hair of Caucasians is different from that of Asians or Afro-Caribbeans and you should choose an extension that will match your own hair.
They come in many varieties and can be pre-colored, pre-highlighted or pre-permed with curls or a body wave. Depending on how it was attached, you may need to have your hair extension Highfields re-done after 6 or 8 weeks, or it might last up to 4 months. Re-attaching will always be periodically necessary because our natural hair continues to grow, the bonding agent becomes loose, life happens, and you’ll need to re-adjust and refresh your hair’s appearance.
How are hair extensions attached?
· Strands are woven, glued, or clipped to your natural hair. If they’re clipped, you can take them off easily any time. If they’re glued, various bonding agents may be used and care must be taken to protect your scalp and natural hair.
· For wefts, your stylist will make a small corn row or weave in your natural hair, and sew the weft to this weave. This method uses no chemicals.
· Braids are usually woven in with your own hair and again no chemicals are used.
Try Clip-In Hair Extensions
Hair extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair. You can find extensions in different colors and styles. Make sure that when you purchase extensions that they are of high quality, so that they will last and have a natural look.
What are the Different Types of Hair Extensions?
There are several basic types of hair extensions, including clip-in, micro-ring or loop, fusion bonding, sewn-in or tracking, and bonding and sealing extensions. The clip-in extensions are the easiest to apply, but they do not last as long as others and if not placed properly, they can come loose. The micro-ring or loop extensions do not damage hair, but for people with short hair, they are not recommended because they can be visible. Fusion bonding extensions last longer than some other methods, but they can cause damage and should be done by a professional. Sewn-in or tracking extensions are the longest lasting and most natural looking of the different types. These should be applied by a professional.
There are also bonding and sealing extensions that are very natural looking, and they are the sturdiest of the different types of hair extensions and almost invisible. They do take a long time to apply, and they must be applied by a professional, using special tools.
How Do I Apply Clip-in Extensions?
Applying clip-in extensions is an easy and fast way to change your look for a special evening. For the best results, use quality 100-percent virgin Indian hair extensions, which are the most natural looking of the products available. The following easy-to-follow steps will help guide you through the application of clip-in extensions:
- Part your hair horizontally from under one ear over to the other ear.
- Start at the lowest point of the hairline part the hair where you wish to create a section.
- Clip the remaining hair firmly out of the way, so that you can add your extensions.
- Take the first weft, making sure that it is long enough and wide enough to fit along the back of the hairline and open all of the clips.
- Take the chosen weft and just below the part, carefully clip into place. Make sure that the clip snaps close on your hair and is secure. Repeat with the remaining clips.
- Release the hair you secured out of the way and make a new part. To do this, comb down a new layer about a half-inch from the original part. Each time, you need to secure the remaining hair out of the way so that you can easily clip in the extension.
- Repeat the process for all the extensions.
- Check for any gaps by running your hand along the extensions to make sure that they lie flat across your head. Make any necessary adjustments.
- When applying the side pieces, make sure that they are secure, frame your face and blend with your natural hair.
- To remove the wefts, gently unclip the sections and move up and away from your hair. Try not to pull, as this can lead to hair loss.
The clip-in hair extensions are a quick method of applying extensions that you can do yourself, but most other extensions require a qualified professional to get the most natural looking results and to limit any damage done to your hair. The key to correctly applying any extensions is to do so in a way that they are not noticeable and blend with your natural hair.
Highfields Hair Extension Salons – A Guide
You may have considered getting hair extensions at one point. They are a quick and easy way to add length and a new look to your hair. But you may have no idea where to go to get something like this done. There may be hair extensions salons with good reputations, but some of them might be far away. Also, it is hard to know if the hair salon on the street corner offers hair extensions or whether they do a good job.
There are several ways to investigate the hair extension business to find a place near you that you will be happy with. One of the main ways to do this is to carefully consider all of the online resources. Of course you can look at general beauty salon sites, such as The Hair Boutique. Sites like this offer general information and reviews of various salons and indicate what services they offer, including whether they offer hair extensions.
You can also get more specific in your internet searching. Say you lived in Detroit and were wanting to find a Hair Extension salon in your neighborhood, You would enter "Detroit Hair Extension Salons" or something similar into a search engine, and you would get a number of different hits of different local information as well as more national directories. There are a few that stand out that you might want to consider:
1. Hair Boutique is an informative site that has many different links to salon sites. You would pretty much need to have the site in mind that you were looking for at this site, because the sites are listed alphabetically and not by area, but once you find a site you can find lots of information about it along with being able to contact it through the site.
2. The Salon Locator is a site that has lists of salons by area, particularly by state. There are also various informational resources on the site such as hair loss information and care and upkeep of extensions. You can order supplies and get training resources.
3. HairBonz. This is a site for the particular brand of the HairBonz system of extensions.
There are also sites listing information about for particular needs. Black Beauty Care Directory is a site specifically for African American concerns with using hair extensions, and categorized by the salons in each state that offer salons that have experience servicing African American Hair needs. If all else fails you can enter more and more specific information in the search engine until you find what you might be looking for in a particular Salon, or to check out the one you might be thinking about near you you can always enter its name.
Hair Extensions For Fine Or Thin Hair
Glamour, Just A Hair's Breadth Away!
Are you perhaps tired of throwing away your hard earned money on hair extensions that tangle, shed, are overly expensive and don't last? If you have tried the other solutions in attempts to have the full luxurious head of hair you desire then maybe your expectations will be met and exceeded by using Human Hair Extensions.
Luxurious and of rarely paralleled beauty these products generally offer high quality at a level that sets them apart from other extension products. If you have hair that is too short for your current taste and style or simply want to fill out thinning hair a vast array of types, colors and styles are available to satisfy the most demanding needs.
Human Hair Extensions come in styles of both straight and wavy. This means you can style it just like your own hair. These extensions could be sewn, bonded, glued, or braided right into your own natural lot. These are the safest and easiest way to add volume, length, or a wide variety of colors without causing damage to your own hair, all great reasons to buy them.
Whether you are shopping for the clip in type of hair extensions, the weaving in type, weft hair for braided in extensions, fusion extensions, tape on or the pre-tipped types you will be able to find an extensive variety of whatever you desire
One of the best features of this type of hair extension is the ability to use color enhancements, blow dryers, curling irons, rollers, and even regular flat irons to expand your styling options. These extensions are made of high quality 100% human hair which makes the hair virtually tangle free needing no tedious combing out.
The best of these extensions use the very best virgin hair making sure the cuticles are all aligned in the same direction. They also utilize the most expensive processing techniques with all natural ingredients and no harsh acids. The wefting is tightly sewn for less shedding. This results in what is considered the most beautiful, longest lasting hair extensions available on the market anywhere. Of course this is all done to ensure the maximum pleasure with the result and no surprises or disappointments.
So, whether your hair is curly or straight, too short or too thin or if you are simply looking to change the style or add something a little different to its styling choices Human Hair Extensions maybe just what you need.