Hair extensions started being used in the 1980s, but because of poor results and high expense, were abandoned until about 5 years ago. Their popularity has been boosted by all the celebrities who now use them.
What are hair extensions?
Hair extensions are hairpieces that can be attached to your natural hair or scalp; they enhance the thickness of your hair or the length. There are several kinds, but the most popular ones are
· Strands, small clusters of about 30 pieces of hair
· Wefts, slightly larger curtains of hair, joined at the top and free flowing at the ends. The best wefts are hand-made, not machine-made.
· Braids and dreadlocks, which are pre-wound.
Some are synthetic and some are made of human hair. The natural hair of Caucasians is different from that of Asians or Afro-Caribbeans and you should choose an extension that will match your own hair.
They come in many varieties and can be pre-colored, pre-highlighted or pre-permed with curls or a body wave. Depending on how it was attached, you may need to have your hair extension Airlie Beach re-done after 6 or 8 weeks, or it might last up to 4 months. Re-attaching will always be periodically necessary because our natural hair continues to grow, the bonding agent becomes loose, life happens, and you’ll need to re-adjust and refresh your hair’s appearance.
How are hair extensions attached?
· Strands are woven, glued, or clipped to your natural hair. If they’re clipped, you can take them off easily any time. If they’re glued, various bonding agents may be used and care must be taken to protect your scalp and natural hair.
· For wefts, your stylist will make a small corn row or weave in your natural hair, and sew the weft to this weave. This method uses no chemicals.
· Braids are usually woven in with your own hair and again no chemicals are used.
How To Buy Cheap Hair Extension Online
You see them everywhere; they allow celebrities to go from short hair to greater lengths in an instant. Some look awful while others blend so well that no one would ever suspect; but have you ever wondered where the hair used in extensions comes from? Is it from human sources? What kind of process does it go through before it is attached as an extension? This article will address some of these questions and offer a couple of other insights into the world of the hair extension industry that may interest the average, information seeking, consumer.
First, we should establish that there are many companies that send buyers out to acquire hair for hair extensions and, without sounding biased to one brand or the other, I will just say this... not all hair extensions are created equal, so, buyer beware!
There are three basic categories of hair that is used for hair extensions.
• Synthetic - Hair made from synthetic fibers that are less likely to tangle with your natural hair but is very susceptible to melting due to heat from hot dryers and irons.
• Animal - In particular, the animal hair that is widely used for extensions comes from the under-belly of the Yak. It is claimed that this type of hair, because of its texture and look, has the most suitable structure for use as a match for chemically relaxed and treated African-Ethnic hair. One major drawback is that from there are those who will experience or develop allergic reactions to the Yak hair.
• Human - This hair may come from a variety of geographical regions. A word of caution: There are companies that will claim that the product you are receiving is from a human source but on final analysis, it may be shown to contain animal hair or synthetic fibers, as well. The reason this is allowed to occur is due to the technicality that if a collection of hair joined to form an extension strand contains at least one human strand in the mix, by legal standards it can be marketed as human. So, when researching where your particular extensions come from, always make sure that you are guaranteed that what you are buying is 100% human hair.
Now that we have categorized what the basic types of hair extensions are made of, we can look a little further into how the human hair, used in hair extensions, is collected.
Human hair collected for extensions can be categorized as:
• Remy: Meaning that all the hairs still have their cuticle layers intact with each strand faced in the same direction (this creates a natural fall to the extension, keeps tangling to a minimum, and allows light reflectivity for shine). Ideally the donor of this type of hair has a long braid cut from their head so as to preserve the quality of the cuticle layers following the same direction. Because of the care taken when gathering Remy hair, it tends to be more expensive to purchase but is the most desirable and suitable hair to use.
• Non-Remy: Cuticle layers are not aligned in the same directional flow. These strands are usually collected as naturally shed, fallen hair that is collected from hairbrushes. As you can imagine, this confused mixture of hair is very prone to tangling and matting due to the cuticle layers of the individual hairs not following in the same directions. To rectify this, these hairs are often subjected to acid treatments that remove the cuticle layers from the hair shafts, leaving behind a product that is weakened and dull looking. A silicone is then added to the hair to make the dull, stripped hair shinier. Over time this silicone erodes and washes away, leaving the Non-Remy tresses in their post-chemically treated, compromised condition. Being of lesser quality, this hair is less cost prohibitive than that of Remy hair but typically, produces a less desirable result.
Hopefully, I've shed a bit of light on where hair extension hair comes from, how it's processed, and created a platform where those of you that may be interested in getting an expert hair extension service performed will be able to make thoughtful decisions about the products that are used on your head.
Airlie Beach Hair Extension Salons – A Guide
Every girl dreams of her wedding day! How absolutely fun it is to plan! You can express your personal style in everything for this special day.
After the engagement, the plans start becoming reality. The hurdle most parents and bride have to get over is the cost. The bride and parents budget for all of the normal wedding costs. These are a few of the normal wedding costs.
- Engagement photos
- Ceremony location
- Minister to marry them
- Ceremony music
- Ceremony flowers
- Ceremony candles and decorations
- Wedding dress
- Dinner costs
- Wedding cake
- Party favors
- Rental equipment
Some brides have found a way to express their own style and flair in their hair and beauty in an economical way. What's their secret? They are turning to clip-on hair extensions to help them look their best for this special occasion. This is the "hottest" beauty item today! Whether they want a glamorous updo or long beautiful flowing locks, hair extensions can give them this in an instant.
Why would a bride need hair extensions? For women with thin or fine hair, extensions can give them length, volume and thickness. These would allow them to try new hair styles without a professional. The more hair they have the more dramatic styles that can be created. Women want to look and be special! Imagine transforming your short to medium hair styles into long free-flowing locks or a fabulous updo just for this special occasion!
What types of clip-on hair extensions are there? A couple types of hair extensions are natural human hair or synthetic. Natural hair extensions are considerably more expensive. The advantages with these is that they can be colored, curled, set, or treated. Applying natural hair extensions should be done by a licensed cosmetologist. They can be weaved or glued onto one's hair. You could easily spend up to $2,000 on this type of extension. Synthetic hair extensions are less expensive but you cannot use a hair dryer on them, set them or color them. They are attached with a small clip. They can be put in and out in an instant. Most extensions come in a variety of colors to match your own hair. The extensions blend many color tones to give a highlighting effect.
Brides have fallen in love with these hair extensions not only for their wedding day but also for the ease of changing their hair look for their honeymoon. They can change their hair style to match their trendy fashions. Maybe they want ponytail curls or a long and sleek style! The extensions can be removed one day and clipped back in again for another event. How fun!
As my daughter and I are planning her special wedding day, we are experimenting with hair extensions for that perfect hair style for her veil and dress. Her dream wedding is right around the corner. Hope your wedding day is as you dreamed it would be! When planning your dream wedding remember this little hair styling secret. You will look gorgeous without going over budget. The possibilities are endless!
What Are Hair Extensions?
Glamour, Just A Hair's Breadth Away!
Are you perhaps tired of throwing away your hard earned money on hair extensions that tangle, shed, are overly expensive and don't last? If you have tried the other solutions in attempts to have the full luxurious head of hair you desire then maybe your expectations will be met and exceeded by using Human Hair Extensions.
Luxurious and of rarely paralleled beauty these products generally offer high quality at a level that sets them apart from other extension products. If you have hair that is too short for your current taste and style or simply want to fill out thinning hair a vast array of types, colors and styles are available to satisfy the most demanding needs.
Human Hair Extensions come in styles of both straight and wavy. This means you can style it just like your own hair. These extensions could be sewn, bonded, glued, or braided right into your own natural lot. These are the safest and easiest way to add volume, length, or a wide variety of colors without causing damage to your own hair, all great reasons to buy them.
Whether you are shopping for the clip in type of hair extensions, the weaving in type, weft hair for braided in extensions, fusion extensions, tape on or the pre-tipped types you will be able to find an extensive variety of whatever you desire
One of the best features of this type of hair extension is the ability to use color enhancements, blow dryers, curling irons, rollers, and even regular flat irons to expand your styling options. These extensions are made of high quality 100% human hair which makes the hair virtually tangle free needing no tedious combing out.
The best of these extensions use the very best virgin hair making sure the cuticles are all aligned in the same direction. They also utilize the most expensive processing techniques with all natural ingredients and no harsh acids. The wefting is tightly sewn for less shedding. This results in what is considered the most beautiful, longest lasting hair extensions available on the market anywhere. Of course this is all done to ensure the maximum pleasure with the result and no surprises or disappointments.
So, whether your hair is curly or straight, too short or too thin or if you are simply looking to change the style or add something a little different to its styling choices Human Hair Extensions maybe just what you need.