Hair extensions started being used in the 1980s, but because of poor results and high expense, were abandoned until about 5 years ago. Their popularity has been boosted by all the celebrities who now use them.
What are hair extensions?
Hair extensions are hairpieces that can be attached to your natural hair or scalp; they enhance the thickness of your hair or the length. There are several kinds, but the most popular ones are
· Strands, small clusters of about 30 pieces of hair
· Wefts, slightly larger curtains of hair, joined at the top and free flowing at the ends. The best wefts are hand-made, not machine-made.
· Braids and dreadlocks, which are pre-wound.
Some are synthetic and some are made of human hair. The natural hair of Caucasians is different from that of Asians or Afro-Caribbeans and you should choose an extension that will match your own hair.
They come in many varieties and can be pre-colored, pre-highlighted or pre-permed with curls or a body wave. Depending on how it was attached, you may need to have your hair extension Maitland re-done after 6 or 8 weeks, or it might last up to 4 months. Re-attaching will always be periodically necessary because our natural hair continues to grow, the bonding agent becomes loose, life happens, and you’ll need to re-adjust and refresh your hair’s appearance.
How are hair extensions attached?
· Strands are woven, glued, or clipped to your natural hair. If they’re clipped, you can take them off easily any time. If they’re glued, various bonding agents may be used and care must be taken to protect your scalp and natural hair.
· For wefts, your stylist will make a small corn row or weave in your natural hair, and sew the weft to this weave. This method uses no chemicals.
· Braids are usually woven in with your own hair and again no chemicals are used.
Human Hair Extensions - Why Or Why Not?
What type of hair extensions should you get?
When you first start thinking of getting hair extensions, you may be very overwhelmed by all the different methods available today and how each one is designed for a particular type of hair. Researching all the different methods is very important and the quality of your research may directly relate to whether your hair extensions will be good or bad.
Below is a Letter to the Editor asking about specific hair extension methods for fine/thin hair.
Hello. I am interested in getting hair extensions, but I am a little concerned about what they can do to your hair. I am only a teen but i have thin/fine hair that is a little damaged from blow-drying and frequent use of the flat iron. I want to know if hair extensions could ruin my hair and if it is a bad idea to get them? I do not want cause any further damage or like permanently ruin my hair. Write back with any solutions or advice if possible. Thanks.
I am not a professional cosmetologist, so I cannot give you a professional opinion. However, I have done extensive research on hair extensions and I can share with you some information that I have learned.Human hair extensions are very heavy, and if attached to hair that is damaged, they can result in permanent hair loss. The extensions can pull out your natural hair because of the extra weight of the human hair and the damaged condition of your natural hair. Synthetic hair extensions weigh about 1/3 the weight of human hair and may be more suitable for your situation.You can do a stress test on your hair yourself to see how damaged it is. Take one strand of hair and pull it. If it comes out very easily, then your hair may not be suitable for extensions. If you have to pull it pretty hard, then your hair may be okay. There are several hair extension methods that have been developed specifically for fine and thin hair. You can research the methods at our Hair Extension Resource Center.If you really want to get hair extensions, perhaps the best place to start is schedule several hair extension consulations at different salons near you. Get different opinions about how damaged your hair really is and whether it could support hair extensions. See our free resources on preparing for the consultation at www.hrhairextensions.com
Maitland Hair Extension Salons – A Guide
Hair extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair. You can find extensions in different colors and styles. Make sure that when you purchase extensions that they are of high quality, so that they will last and have a natural look.
What are the Different Types of Hair Extensions?
There are several basic types of hair extensions, including clip-in, micro-ring or loop, fusion bonding, sewn-in or tracking, and bonding and sealing extensions. The clip-in extensions are the easiest to apply, but they do not last as long as others and if not placed properly, they can come loose. The micro-ring or loop extensions do not damage hair, but for people with short hair, they are not recommended because they can be visible. Fusion bonding extensions last longer than some other methods, but they can cause damage and should be done by a professional. Sewn-in or tracking extensions are the longest lasting and most natural looking of the different types. These should be applied by a professional.
There are also bonding and sealing extensions that are very natural looking, and they are the sturdiest of the different types of hair extensions and almost invisible. They do take a long time to apply, and they must be applied by a professional, using special tools.
How Do I Apply Clip-in Extensions?
Applying clip-in extensions is an easy and fast way to change your look for a special evening. For the best results, use quality 100-percent virgin Indian hair extensions, which are the most natural looking of the products available. The following easy-to-follow steps will help guide you through the application of clip-in extensions:
- Part your hair horizontally from under one ear over to the other ear.
- Start at the lowest point of the hairline part the hair where you wish to create a section.
- Clip the remaining hair firmly out of the way, so that you can add your extensions.
- Take the first weft, making sure that it is long enough and wide enough to fit along the back of the hairline and open all of the clips.
- Take the chosen weft and just below the part, carefully clip into place. Make sure that the clip snaps close on your hair and is secure. Repeat with the remaining clips.
- Release the hair you secured out of the way and make a new part. To do this, comb down a new layer about a half-inch from the original part. Each time, you need to secure the remaining hair out of the way so that you can easily clip in the extension.
- Repeat the process for all the extensions.
- Check for any gaps by running your hand along the extensions to make sure that they lie flat across your head. Make any necessary adjustments.
- When applying the side pieces, make sure that they are secure, frame your face and blend with your natural hair.
- To remove the wefts, gently unclip the sections and move up and away from your hair. Try not to pull, as this can lead to hair loss.
The clip-in hair extensions are a quick method of applying extensions that you can do yourself, but most other extensions require a qualified professional to get the most natural looking results and to limit any damage done to your hair. The key to correctly applying any extensions is to do so in a way that they are not noticeable and blend with your natural hair.
How To Buy Cheap Hair Extension Online
Everything in this world is unique in some attributes, with its own appearance, qualities, likes, etc. We all differ form each other due to the fact that we have our individual personality. Same is the case with the non-living things. They differ from one other on the basis of advantages and disadvantages each one has. One can not disagree with the fact that everything has some pros and cons because nothing in this world is perfect. On the basis of these pros and cons the thing is either appreciated or not. Take an example of anything: T.V, washing machine, mobiles, oven, knife, gun, computers, internet, and the list goes on.
Micro ring hair extensions are the most favorite hair extensions among the females now-a-days. But the important thing is that they work out best with the females that suit them. We know that everything in this world has some advantages and disadvantages. It is better to know each of them before making the final purchase decision. In this way you will be able to select the one that is made for you. Hair extensions industry is moving fast and is flourishing day by day. Though manufacturers have made much contributions to the extensions and introduced modifications, but still they lack somewhere.
Let's start this hair extension topic with some interesting information. Over the years females have been using hair extensions. But still many of them are completely unaware of this product and have a list of questions related to it. Based on the reviews and experiences of the females who have used them we here have the list of advantages:
- They are easy to add to your hair as compared to others products
- They do not require any heating substance like glue or solution - this helps in reducing the chances of damage to scalp,
- They are easy to remove
- Their application is not time-consuming
- They give you the best look and great volume.
- They are completely undetectable once applied to the hair.
The disadvantages of micro rings are that the rings might be visible if you have very short hair. You can not use them for a day or just for an occasion - for this purpose you should use some other type of hair extensions. If you have very weak and damaged hair then micro rings are not the best choice for you. They might not give the grip that you want and this would cause shedding.
These are some of the pros and cons of the Micro Ring Hair Extensions. You should refer to these advantages and disadvantages before the product purchase process. On the other hand, micro ring hair extensions are the best choice for the females that have strong and good hair length.