Hair extensions started being used in the 1980s, but because of poor results and high expense, were abandoned until about 5 years ago. Their popularity has been boosted by all the celebrities who now use them.
What are hair extensions?
Hair extensions are hairpieces that can be attached to your natural hair or scalp; they enhance the thickness of your hair or the length. There are several kinds, but the most popular ones are
· Strands, small clusters of about 30 pieces of hair
· Wefts, slightly larger curtains of hair, joined at the top and free flowing at the ends. The best wefts are hand-made, not machine-made.
· Braids and dreadlocks, which are pre-wound.
Some are synthetic and some are made of human hair. The natural hair of Caucasians is different from that of Asians or Afro-Caribbeans and you should choose an extension that will match your own hair.
They come in many varieties and can be pre-colored, pre-highlighted or pre-permed with curls or a body wave. Depending on how it was attached, you may need to have your hair extension Ulladulla re-done after 6 or 8 weeks, or it might last up to 4 months. Re-attaching will always be periodically necessary because our natural hair continues to grow, the bonding agent becomes loose, life happens, and you’ll need to re-adjust and refresh your hair’s appearance.
How are hair extensions attached?
· Strands are woven, glued, or clipped to your natural hair. If they’re clipped, you can take them off easily any time. If they’re glued, various bonding agents may be used and care must be taken to protect your scalp and natural hair.
· For wefts, your stylist will make a small corn row or weave in your natural hair, and sew the weft to this weave. This method uses no chemicals.
· Braids are usually woven in with your own hair and again no chemicals are used.
Hair Extension Information
You may have considered getting hair extensions at one point. They are a quick and easy way to add length and a new look to your hair. But you may have no idea where to go to get something like this done. There may be hair extensions salons with good reputations, but some of them might be far away. Also, it is hard to know if the hair salon on the street corner offers hair extensions or whether they do a good job.
There are several ways to investigate the hair extension business to find a place near you that you will be happy with. One of the main ways to do this is to carefully consider all of the online resources. Of course you can look at general beauty salon sites, such as The Hair Boutique. Sites like this offer general information and reviews of various salons and indicate what services they offer, including whether they offer hair extensions.
You can also get more specific in your internet searching. Say you lived in Detroit and were wanting to find a Hair Extension salon in your neighborhood, You would enter "Detroit Hair Extension Salons" or something similar into a search engine, and you would get a number of different hits of different local information as well as more national directories. There are a few that stand out that you might want to consider:
1. Hair Boutique is an informative site that has many different links to salon sites. You would pretty much need to have the site in mind that you were looking for at this site, because the sites are listed alphabetically and not by area, but once you find a site you can find lots of information about it along with being able to contact it through the site.
2. The Salon Locator is a site that has lists of salons by area, particularly by state. There are also various informational resources on the site such as hair loss information and care and upkeep of extensions. You can order supplies and get training resources.
3. HairBonz. This is a site for the particular brand of the HairBonz system of extensions.
There are also sites listing information about for particular needs. Black Beauty Care Directory is a site specifically for African American concerns with using hair extensions, and categorized by the salons in each state that offer salons that have experience servicing African American Hair needs. If all else fails you can enter more and more specific information in the search engine until you find what you might be looking for in a particular Salon, or to check out the one you might be thinking about near you you can always enter its name.
Ulladulla Hair Extension Salons – A Guide
Hair extensions are widely used by several classes of people, the exact idea of the technique and how it is done still remains unknown to many. Varieties of extension techniques are in use today and each of them have specifications.
With the help of extensions we can make the hair feel more volume and thus enhancing the beauty.
Strand by strand extensions: Helpful in providing more volume and also length. The hair is sectioned first and small strands are taken from this section and they are further added to these sections either by gluing or heat fusing etc.
Weft extensions: They are exactly similar to strand by strand extensions with the difference being that here larger sections are taken.
Clip in extensions: They are considered to be the cheap as gluing is not required. The extensions are all clipped to a track which in turn is attached with metal pieces which can easily be clipped or sided in places.
Remi and non remi are the two categories into which a human hair is divided. Remi hair is highly expensive as it provides better quality and lasts longer. The donors hair is cut and placed in the same way in the recipients cuticle. Non remi hair is not very expensive as the hair may get damaged in long term usage. The hair lying on floor after an haircut, or the hair left in the brushes etc are all collected to make the non remi hair.
They are made to look like the real human hair and is made of fiber. They are least expensive. Thought they look like real hair, cannot be styled and colored like the real human hair. Hence it does not provide all the benefits of the real hair.
Adequate care should be provided to both the human types and above mentioned hair. Washing should be done only with shampoos which are not strong and only when they turn dry or give put an unpleasing smell. After shampooing, it is advisable to run the fingers through the hair to remove tangles.
Hair Extension Article Series - What Do You Know About Hair Quality? Chapter 2 - Hair Origins
A hair extension is the technique of adding hair that isn't your own onto your own natural hair. There are a variety of methods for adding a hair extension, including weaving, bonding, braiding and strand by strand. Some of these techniques are best performed by trained hair professionals, while others are simple enough for you to do yourself, at home.
They can be styled and washed which makes them a versatile way of achieving a new look. Hair extensions and hairpieces come in a range of hair types - wavy, curly and long straight and sleek; various textures and lengths.
Celebrities have been seen wearing hairpieces and clip in hair extensions for the past few months which has caused this hair accessory to become popular with women of all ages around the world. One of the most versatile forms of hairpiece is the clip on ponytail, which is simple and easy to attach to your own hair pulled back in a knot.
These are available in inexpensive synthetic as well as human hair which are both fully washable. Hair extensions are a temporary answer to achieving a different hair style whether you go to a salon and have it professionally attached or put in in yourself.
Clip in hair extensions cover a range of techniques and applications. To experience a funky modern look without damaging your hair with chemicals and dyes, try a clip in color streaks hair extension.
You get to create a fun look that is only temporary and you can return to your normal style the next day. Try long hair for a day, add highlights or lowlights, add some curls or waves - the possibilities are almost endless. Watch what the celebs are doing and copy it to be really up to the minute with the latest fashion looks.
Clip in extensions vary in width from 2 to 8 inches and are attached to your own hair by means of the small toupee clips which are sewn onto the extensions. Each extension is attached to small sections of the natural hair, using the clips. You simply section your hair horizontally and snap the clips shut over your hair, just inder the part you made, near the scalp. Be careful not to catch your scalp - this could be painful. The clip in hair extensions are fine to wear day and night, but need to be removed before going to sleep.
Here are some tips for fitting your clip-in hair extensions -
* Before fitting your extension, straighten your own hair. You will get a more natural blending of your own hair with the hair in the extensions.
* Practice opening and closing the snap clips on the hair extension. Use both your thumbs and your index fingers, and apply firm pressure to the ends of the clip . Leave each one open so they will be ready for fitting to your hair.
* You might find it helps to lightly tease the underside of each section of your own hair before fitting the clips. This will help to give a firmer grip on your hair.
* Start from the bottom of your head and work up towards the top.
* The longer lengths are best used for the back of the head and the shorter lengths are for the sides.
* Lightly comb your own hair over the extensions and check there are no lumps or bumps.
After you have practised a few times you will be able to fit your clip in hair extensions quickly and easily to create great fashion looks and special styles for a memorable occasion.