A hair extension is the technique of adding hair that isn’t your own onto your own natural hair. There are a variety of methods for adding a hair extension, including weaving, bonding, braiding and strand by strand. Some of these techniques are best performed by trained hair professionals, while others are simple enough for you to do yourself, at home.
They can be styled and washed which makes them a versatile way of achieving a new look. Hair extensions and hairpieces come in a range of hair types – wavy, curly and long straight and sleek; various textures and lengths.
Celebrities have been seen wearing hairpieces and clip in hair extensions for the past few months which has caused this hair accessory to become popular with women of all ages around the world. One of the most versatile forms of Buckeye is the clip on ponytail, which is simple and easy to attach to your own hair pulled back in a knot.
These are available in inexpensive synthetic as well as human hair which are both fully washable. Hair extensions are a temporary answer to achieving a different hair style whether you go to a salon and have it professionally attached or put in in yourself.
Clip in hair extensions cover a range of techniques and applications. To experience a funky modern look without damaging your hair with chemicals and dyes, try a clip in color streaks hair extension.
In 1800 fake hair was frowned upon and women left their hair to be natural until the Romantic era was in full swing when women wore elaborate Apollo knots. Come the mid Victorian era and hair pieces were used a lot more extensively. Then strangely in the early 20th century Edwardian women wore false hair additions to create the pompadour hairstyle which looked like a woman was wearing a teapot on her head. How that became fashionable I don’t really know!
Around the 1920’s less hair was the big thing so hair pieces took a dive around that time and it wasn’t until the 1940s when long hair came back into fashion and women starting indulging again. Then in the 1960’s big hair was back with a vengeance. Coils were the in thing or the updo as better known to us were seen of many women, this was created by very extravagant human hair pieces. Buckeye Wigs made from real or fake hair were commonly worn around this time too and carried on into the early 70’s. Come the 80’s and big hair was in but only natural hair. Famous singers wore wigs but that was about it.
Hair Extension Salons - A Guide
Hair extensions are the latest fashion accessory and are proving popular throughout the world. They are adding hair that is not your own onto your own hair are a safe, natural way to enhance your inner beauty. Human hair extensions are generally purchased through salons that provide extensionist services. This is not an exact science and are custom from person to person. These are becoming more and more popular every day and are a great addition for women wanting to change their hair style and to get that hairstyle they have been desiring for some time. They are accessible in numerous dissimilar colors, textures, styles, and lengths and are a great hair style option for weddings, proms, homecomings or other special occasions. They are also a common accessory in Hollywood and you can get that glamorous look you've always wanted through the magic of them.
Hair extensions are decidedly not a one size accommodates all, and some techniques may not be appropriate for certain hair textures and circumstances. They are made from human hair, synthetic hair, or a blend of the two and are usually used for medium and short hair to produce longer locks or varying different looks. They are easy to apply (with proper training) but are not something that you should just go and get done, without the proper preparation and research. These are done using three different methods, Braid Weaves, Mega Tips, and Micro Linking. They are not wigs nor are they artificial extensions, they are usually made from real human hair. Hair extensions are strands of either real or synthetic hair which are set close to the scalp by using various systems of fixation.
They are a great way to add color and dimension to your hair without changing your actual hair color. They are able to be curled or straightened, but again, if the hair is synthetic, a lower heat setting is advisable. The great thing about them are that they can be used to achieve the same goal as a haircut to help you get that perfect hair style that will accentuate your beauty.
As well as permanent methods, there are also a wide range of clip in them on the market which are excellent for changing the way you look within minutes and can be put in and taken out as and when you please. Hair extensions are without doubt the key to a world made of changing shapes, lifestyles and desires.
Buckeye Care and Maintenance
You see them everywhere; they allow celebrities to go from short hair to greater lengths in an instant. Some look awful while others blend so well that no one would ever suspect; but have you ever wondered where the hair used in extensions comes from? Is it from human sources? What kind of process does it go through before it is attached as an extension? This article will address some of these questions and offer a couple of other insights into the world of the hair extension industry that may interest the average, information seeking, consumer.
First, we should establish that there are many companies that send buyers out to acquire hair for hair extensions and, without sounding biased to one brand or the other, I will just say this... not all hair extensions are created equal, so, buyer beware!
There are three basic categories of hair that is used for hair extensions.
• Synthetic - Hair made from synthetic fibers that are less likely to tangle with your natural hair but is very susceptible to melting due to heat from hot dryers and irons.
• Animal - In particular, the animal hair that is widely used for extensions comes from the under-belly of the Yak. It is claimed that this type of hair, because of its texture and look, has the most suitable structure for use as a match for chemically relaxed and treated African-Ethnic hair. One major drawback is that from there are those who will experience or develop allergic reactions to the Yak hair.
• Human - This hair may come from a variety of geographical regions. A word of caution: There are companies that will claim that the product you are receiving is from a human source but on final analysis, it may be shown to contain animal hair or synthetic fibers, as well. The reason this is allowed to occur is due to the technicality that if a collection of hair joined to form an extension strand contains at least one human strand in the mix, by legal standards it can be marketed as human. So, when researching where your particular extensions come from, always make sure that you are guaranteed that what you are buying is 100% human hair.
Now that we have categorized what the basic types of hair extensions are made of, we can look a little further into how the human hair, used in hair extensions, is collected.
Human hair collected for extensions can be categorized as:
• Remy: Meaning that all the hairs still have their cuticle layers intact with each strand faced in the same direction (this creates a natural fall to the extension, keeps tangling to a minimum, and allows light reflectivity for shine). Ideally the donor of this type of hair has a long braid cut from their head so as to preserve the quality of the cuticle layers following the same direction. Because of the care taken when gathering Remy hair, it tends to be more expensive to purchase but is the most desirable and suitable hair to use.
• Non-Remy: Cuticle layers are not aligned in the same directional flow. These strands are usually collected as naturally shed, fallen hair that is collected from hairbrushes. As you can imagine, this confused mixture of hair is very prone to tangling and matting due to the cuticle layers of the individual hairs not following in the same directions. To rectify this, these hairs are often subjected to acid treatments that remove the cuticle layers from the hair shafts, leaving behind a product that is weakened and dull looking. A silicone is then added to the hair to make the dull, stripped hair shinier. Over time this silicone erodes and washes away, leaving the Non-Remy tresses in their post-chemically treated, compromised condition. Being of lesser quality, this hair is less cost prohibitive than that of Remy hair but typically, produces a less desirable result.
Hopefully, I've shed a bit of light on where hair extension hair comes from, how it's processed, and created a platform where those of you that may be interested in getting an expert hair extension service performed will be able to make thoughtful decisions about the products that are used on your head.
A Guide to Hair Extension Salons
Everything in this world is unique in some attributes, with its own appearance, qualities, likes, etc. We all differ form each other due to the fact that we have our individual personality. Same is the case with the non-living things. They differ from one other on the basis of advantages and disadvantages each one has. One can not disagree with the fact that everything has some pros and cons because nothing in this world is perfect. On the basis of these pros and cons the thing is either appreciated or not. Take an example of anything: T.V, washing machine, mobiles, oven, knife, gun, computers, internet, and the list goes on.
Micro ring hair extensions are the most favorite hair extensions among the females now-a-days. But the important thing is that they work out best with the females that suit them. We know that everything in this world has some advantages and disadvantages. It is better to know each of them before making the final purchase decision. In this way you will be able to select the one that is made for you. Hair extensions industry is moving fast and is flourishing day by day. Though manufacturers have made much contributions to the extensions and introduced modifications, but still they lack somewhere.
Let's start this hair extension topic with some interesting information. Over the years females have been using hair extensions. But still many of them are completely unaware of this product and have a list of questions related to it. Based on the reviews and experiences of the females who have used them we here have the list of advantages:
- They are easy to add to your hair as compared to others products
- They do not require any heating substance like glue or solution - this helps in reducing the chances of damage to scalp,
- They are easy to remove
- Their application is not time-consuming
- They give you the best look and great volume.
- They are completely undetectable once applied to the hair.
The disadvantages of micro rings are that the rings might be visible if you have very short hair. You can not use them for a day or just for an occasion - for this purpose you should use some other type of hair extensions. If you have very weak and damaged hair then micro rings are not the best choice for you. They might not give the grip that you want and this would cause shedding.
These are some of the pros and cons of the Micro Ring Hair Extensions. You should refer to these advantages and disadvantages before the product purchase process. On the other hand, micro ring hair extensions are the best choice for the females that have strong and good hair length.