Hair extensions might seem like a new invention but in reality hair additions have been around as far back as the Egyptian times when both men and women work wigs. Since then hair pieces have been in and out of fashion ever since.
In 1800 Texas fake hair was frowned upon and women left their hair to be natural until the Romantic era was in full swing when women wore elaborate Apollo knots. Come the mid Victorian era and hair pieces were used a lot more extensively. Then strangely in the early 20th century Edwardian women wore false hair additions to create the pompadour hairstyle which looked like a woman was wearing a teapot on her head. How that became fashionable I don’t really know!
Around the 1920’s less hair was the big thing so hair pieces took a dive around that time and it wasn’t until the 1940s when long hair came back into fashion and women starting indulging again. Then in the 1960’s big hair was back with a vengeance. Coils were the in thing or the updo as better known to us were seen of many women, this was created by very extravagant human hair pieces. Wigs made from real or fake hair were commonly worn around this time too and carried on into the early 70’s. Come the 80’s and big hair was in but only natural hair. Famous singers wore wigs but that was about it.
Micro Ring Hair Extension Advantages and Disadvantages
There are plenty of different options on the market at the moment for anyone interested in longer hair, with much debate over which option makes for the best hair extensions. Here we go over the pros and cons of different types of extension so you can pick the best hair extensions for your look.
Real vs. Synthetic Hair
The first thing to understand when choosing any type of hair extensions is that they can be made of real hair or from synthetic product. Although real hair products are usually more expensive, these are definitely much better than synthetic products, which will never look quite like real hair. There only time the synthetic extensions may be the best is if:
- You're having dreadlocks put in
- You deliberately want to add in a false look for example with neon extensions
Unless either of these applies, you should always go for real hair. Even then there is often a choice of which type of hair to go for. The golden rule is to try and match your own hair type as much as possible, so if you are a Westerner then buy European hair, which is treated to be available in any natural shade. Asian hair extensions are the best extensions to go for only if you actually are Asian, or they will not look like your own.
Different Types of Salon Hair Extensions
Visiting the salon to get hair extensions remains popular, where there are basically two main choices of extensions offered:
- Individual strand extensions
- Weft extensions
Individual strand extensions involve taking small sections of your own hair and adding in the extension hair to the strands. These can look pretty good, and are the choice of many celebrities, but there can also be dire consequences if they go wrong. The fact that chemical substances are used to basically 'stick' the hair extension onto your own hair means that it is pretty difficult to remove them without damaging your hair or scalp. This method can also be expensive, since the extensions will only remain in place for a few months before they start to fall out and have to be completely reapplied.
Weft hair extensions look like a long curtain of hair, and are attached instead using corn rows. Although this is much better for your hair, you still have to visit the salon every few weeks as your own hair grows. The cornrows can also be quite uncomfortable to have against your head over long periods of time.
Hair Clip Extensions
A much newer product to the market is the hair extension clip. These too come in a choice of synthetic and real hair, and are definitely the best hair extension for anyone who likes to change their look regularly, since you can pop them in or out easily whenever you want longer or shorter hair. Hair extension clips can be used to achieve the same look as you would get from salon extensions, but are also much less expensive, since they can be used over and over again.
Overall the question of which are the best hair extensions varies from person to person, but for many who wish to simply gain a glamorous look for a special occasion, clip-in extensions made from real hair are the best choice to go for.
A Guide to Texas Hair Extension Salons
Is your hair so fine or thin that it's almost impossible to make anything of it? Many people with thin or fine hair can get frustrated at the lack of thickness and volume but there fortunately is a solution, and that lies in hair extensions. The texture of thin hair makes it quite difficult to style since anything you do might not last as long as you want to. Plus, the very nature of each strand makes your hair look flat and flimsy. The good thing about hair extensions is that they can create a believable illusion of fullness and there are some very affordable types of extensions you can use to bring out the most in your hair styles.
But what are the best extensions for thin hair? Since this hair type tends to be more fragile and more vulnerable than most, you need to be careful what you put on it, so not all hair extensions are suited to thin hair. Also, you must take into account your needs and personal choice before purchasing a set of hair extensions, because not all types are available at affordable prices. Weaves and glue in extensions may last long but they need professional help when they have to be attached and the process can be lengthy and tedious. If you wanted long lasting fullness then you will have to consider various trips to the stylist if you choose weaves or glue in extensions. Some of the glues and bonds that are used to attach the extensions to your scalp can compromise the health of your hair and cause other scalp issues so you should be careful when you make the final decision.
You get a better deal in terms of styling with natural hair extensions that use real human hair, because with synthetic hair extensions the quality is less and the outcome is more artificial, plus synthetic hair is heavier than natural hair and can create more of a pull on your thin hair.
The best choice for thin hair is clip in hair extensions because they are temporary, affordable and can be attached yourself without bonds or glues. These feature clips along the top of each weft that are fastened to your locks in layers and can be taken out when you have no more use for them. If your hair is very thin, you can tease is before clipping in the wefts to ensure that they are held firmly.
Our society has been adorning the hair with feathers for a long time now, a tradition that dates back hundreds of years. Feathers enhance the look of clothing, jewellery, hair accessories and more recently, feathers have been making an impact in the fashion industry in the form of feather hair extensions.
Native American culture provides a rich history of heads adorned with feathers. For the native American Indians, feathers represented the power of the thunder gods, along with the power of air and wind. Native American Chiefs wore them to symbolise their divine wisdom, and to communicate with the Spirits. Feathers sometimes represented the courage of the warrior during a battle or a successful hunt.
The birth of the "Flapper" during the Roaring Twenties may be recalled by some; many of the early black and white films showed ladies (Flappers) accessorised with feathers. Many sported short hair styles, unconventional dresses and accessorised with feather trim. Flappers were considered to be on the cutting edge of fashion.
The Flappers of the 1920's wore their hair feathers and feather accessories to symbolise their journey; their metaphorical flight into womanhood - so it is rumoured. The origin of the word "Flapper" refers to a young bird that is learning to fly, though the word flapper does have different meanings and connotations in different cultures.
Feathers have made huge waves in the fashion industry and crossed cultural divides globally. Women still sport feathers as a way to show their liberation from tradition. Feathers can also carry a spiritual significance, or could represent an emotional journey. Fast forward to society today, and the feather accessory is still as impactful as it has ever been; you can choose from an array of feather headpieces, jewellery, or semi-permanent feather hair extensions.
One of the most controversial films of 2010 was the awe-inspiring Black Swan. Dark as it was, it brought the symbolic nature of the feather to new heights. The feather was given a haunting persona, full of intrigue and mystery - the black feathers represented letting go and the discovering her true nature. Feathers in this film were representative of one young woman's struggle with personal identity.
If you're into Hollywood movies, you would have spotted celebrities with feather accessories both on-the-go doing daily tasks, and on the red carpet. This shows that the hair feather extension can transcend formal and casual occasions. The wearing of feathers and its meaning is completely interpretive; It's whatever it symbolizes to you and your own personal journey; rest assured you're not alone. That's what makes the feather such an evolving symbol through the years, or perhaps these days, no matter what your style, you can find hair feathers to suit your own personal style.
The newest types of feathers in hair design for 2012 are being worn as semi-permanent feather extensions. Feathers known as " Grizzly", "Euro Hackle" or "Variants" are being worn by people (men and women) who are interested in more of a long term, easy to manage feather hair accessory. They can be worn in a variety of combinations ranging from bright and fashionable colours for the outgoing and night clubbers to very natural earth tones for the fashionably trendy. You can choose as many feathers as you like to express your current style or persona. These feathers can be treated just like your natural hair. They can be shampooed, hot ironing, etc. You can wear them in your hair for 8 weeks or more with no fuss. Whether you wear them because of a deeper personal meaning, or because you just love to be a trendsetter; now it's easier than ever get the look you want.
- Weave Hair Extensions Houston
- Weave Hair Extensions San Antonio
- Tape Hair Extensions Dallas
- Cheap Extensions Austin
- Hair Extensions Fort Worth
- Weave Hair Extensions El Paso
- Tape Hair Extensions Arlington
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Corpus Christi
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Plano
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Laredo
- Hair Extensions Lubbock
- Permanent Hair Extensions Garland
- Weave Hair Extensions Irving
- Tape Hair Extensions Amarillo
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Grand Prairie
- Hair Extensions Brownsville
- Tape Hair Extensions Pasadena
- Weave Hair Extensions Mesquite
- Tape Hair Extensions McKinney
- Purchase Hair Extensions McAllen
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Killeen
- Clip In Hair Extensions Waco
- Permanent Hair Extensions Carrollton
- Hair Extensions Beaumont
- Cheap Extensions Abilene
- Hair Extensions Frisco
- Hair Extensions Denton
- Permanent Hair Extensions Midland
- Clip In Hair Extensions Wichita Falls
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Odessa
- Permanent Hair Extensions Round Rock
- Permanent Hair Extensions Richardson
- Permanent Hair Extensions Tyler
- Hair Extensions Lewisville
- Clip In Hair Extensions College Station
- Cheap Extensions San Angelo
- Weave Hair Extensions Pearland
- Cheap Extensions Allen
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions League
- Purchase Hair Extensions Longview
- Cheap Extensions Sugar Land
- Tape Hair Extensions Edinburg
- Hair Extensions Mission
- Weave Hair Extensions Bryan
- Cheap Extensions Baytown
- Permanent Hair Extensions Pharr
- Cheap Extensions Missouri
- Tape Hair Extensions Temple
- Permanent Hair Extensions Harlingen
- Permanent Hair Extensions Flower Mound town
- Hair Extensions North Richland Hills
- Purchase Hair Extensions Victoria
- Weave Hair Extensions New Braunfels
- Clip In Hair Extensions Mansfield
- Permanent Hair Extensions Conroe
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Rowlett
- Cheap Extensions Port Arthur
- Cheap Extensions Euless
- Clip In Hair Extensions DeSoto
- Tape Hair Extensions Cedar Park
- Purchase Hair Extensions Galveston
- Purchase Hair Extensions Georgetown
- Permanent Hair Extensions Bedford
- Purchase Hair Extensions Pflugerville
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Grapevine
- Tape Hair Extensions Texas
- Purchase Hair Extensions Cedar Hill
- Weave Hair Extensions San Marcos
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Haltom
- Purchase Hair Extensions Wylie
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Keller
- Clip In Hair Extensions Coppell
- Cheap Extensions Huntsville
- Hair Extensions Duncanville
- Hair Extensions Sherman
- Clip In Hair Extensions Rockwall
- Purchase Hair Extensions Hurst
- Cheap Extensions Burleson
- Permanent Hair Extensions Texarkana
- Cheap Extensions Lancaster
- Tape Hair Extensions The Colony
- Permanent Hair Extensions Friendswood
- Purchase Hair Extensions Weslaco
- Hair Extensions Del Rio
- Tape Hair Extensions Lufkin
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions San Juan
- Tape Hair Extensions La Porte
- Hair Extensions Nacogdoches
- Purchase Hair Extensions Copperas Cove
- Cheap Extensions Socorro
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Deer Park
- Cheap Extensions Schertz
- Permanent Hair Extensions Rosenberg
- Purchase Hair Extensions Waxahachie
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Cleburne
- Hair Extensions Farmers Branch
- Cheap Extensions Kyle
- Permanent Hair Extensions Big Spring
- Weave Hair Extensions Lake Jackson
- Purchase Hair Extensions Harker Heights
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Southlake
- Purchase Hair Extensions Leander
- Hair Extensions Eagle Pass
- Purchase Hair Extensions Kingsville
- Cheap Extensions Little Elm
- Permanent Hair Extensions Greenville
- Hair Extensions Weatherford
- Clip In Hair Extensions Seguin
- Hair Extensions Paris
- Purchase Hair Extensions San Benito
- Permanent Hair Extensions Alvin
- Weave Hair Extensions Corsicana
- Purchase Hair Extensions Balch Springs
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Marshall
- Purchase Hair Extensions Watauga
- Tape Hair Extensions University Park
- Tape Hair Extensions Colleyville
- Purchase Hair Extensions Denison
- Purchase Hair Extensions Kerrville
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Plainview
- Purchase Hair Extensions Benbrook
- Purchase Hair Extensions Sachse
More information here.