Hair extensions might seem like a new invention but in reality hair additions have been around as far back as the Egyptian times when both men and women work wigs. Since then hair pieces have been in and out of fashion ever since.
In 1800 Texas fake hair was frowned upon and women left their hair to be natural until the Romantic era was in full swing when women wore elaborate Apollo knots. Come the mid Victorian era and hair pieces were used a lot more extensively. Then strangely in the early 20th century Edwardian women wore false hair additions to create the pompadour hairstyle which looked like a woman was wearing a teapot on her head. How that became fashionable I don’t really know!
Around the 1920’s less hair was the big thing so hair pieces took a dive around that time and it wasn’t until the 1940s when long hair came back into fashion and women starting indulging again. Then in the 1960’s big hair was back with a vengeance. Coils were the in thing or the updo as better known to us were seen of many women, this was created by very extravagant human hair pieces. Wigs made from real or fake hair were commonly worn around this time too and carried on into the early 70’s. Come the 80’s and big hair was in but only natural hair. Famous singers wore wigs but that was about it.
A History of Feather Head Wear - Feather Hair Extension Today
There are plenty of different options on the market at the moment for anyone interested in longer hair, with much debate over which option makes for the best hair extensions. Here we go over the pros and cons of different types of extension so you can pick the best hair extensions for your look.
Real vs. Synthetic Hair
The first thing to understand when choosing any type of hair extensions is that they can be made of real hair or from synthetic product. Although real hair products are usually more expensive, these are definitely much better than synthetic products, which will never look quite like real hair. There only time the synthetic extensions may be the best is if:
- You're having dreadlocks put in
- You deliberately want to add in a false look for example with neon extensions
Unless either of these applies, you should always go for real hair. Even then there is often a choice of which type of hair to go for. The golden rule is to try and match your own hair type as much as possible, so if you are a Westerner then buy European hair, which is treated to be available in any natural shade. Asian hair extensions are the best extensions to go for only if you actually are Asian, or they will not look like your own.
Different Types of Salon Hair Extensions
Visiting the salon to get hair extensions remains popular, where there are basically two main choices of extensions offered:
- Individual strand extensions
- Weft extensions
Individual strand extensions involve taking small sections of your own hair and adding in the extension hair to the strands. These can look pretty good, and are the choice of many celebrities, but there can also be dire consequences if they go wrong. The fact that chemical substances are used to basically 'stick' the hair extension onto your own hair means that it is pretty difficult to remove them without damaging your hair or scalp. This method can also be expensive, since the extensions will only remain in place for a few months before they start to fall out and have to be completely reapplied.
Weft hair extensions look like a long curtain of hair, and are attached instead using corn rows. Although this is much better for your hair, you still have to visit the salon every few weeks as your own hair grows. The cornrows can also be quite uncomfortable to have against your head over long periods of time.
Hair Clip Extensions
A much newer product to the market is the hair extension clip. These too come in a choice of synthetic and real hair, and are definitely the best hair extension for anyone who likes to change their look regularly, since you can pop them in or out easily whenever you want longer or shorter hair. Hair extension clips can be used to achieve the same look as you would get from salon extensions, but are also much less expensive, since they can be used over and over again.
Overall the question of which are the best hair extensions varies from person to person, but for many who wish to simply gain a glamorous look for a special occasion, clip-in extensions made from real hair are the best choice to go for.
A Guide to Texas Hair Extension Salons
Have you ever wanted to try a new haircut or hair color, but was too afraid? Real hair extensions can give you the flexibility of both. You can go from having short to long, a few streaks, a bold set of streaks or even a whole new color in an instant.
Real hair extensions is human hair that is added to your own to add color, volume or length. When deciding to extend your own hair, you need to consider how long you would like to keep it in, the quality, the cost and the technique.
When considering how long you want to keep the extensions in, it will help to determine how much you want to spend on quality and technique. There are many different qualities to choose from. There is Asian, Eastern European, Indian (from India) and Remi.
Now you ask; what is the difference?
Asian quality is what we would normally see in our local beauty supply stores. This quality of hair is straight and dark originally. In order for this type to be colored it has to go through a rigorous process, stripping out all of the dark color only to have it recolored again to various colors. Due to the stripping of the color it causes the hair to lose its natural sheen. In order to restore the natural sheen; silicon's and different types of chemicals are added making it hard to manage once the hair is shampoo.
Eastern European quality is usually recommended for women who have blonde hair. This quality tends to produce the most natural blonde hair quality. Just beware when a person is trying to sell you European Quality hair and not Eastern European hair. There is a difference. The European quality comes from the best of ordinary people from Pakistan; Indian or Asian and is usually not the best quality which doesn't last long. Eastern European hair is from Italy and Spain the most popular good hair quality and can last as long as up to a year if you care for it properly.
Indian quality hair is from India. In this region it is given by men and women in the name of their faith. The money is then given to the temples for maintenance. The hair is then sorted, washed and dyed. This hair quality is also considered a good hair quality.
The last quality and the best quality out there is Remi. What is Remi? Remi is what they call cuticle hair or another name is raw/virgin hair. Which means the cuticle is still intact. When the cuticle is still intact this allows for all of the hair to flow in the same direction similar to your own. This type of hair is the most natural hair type out there. Maintenance is similar to taking care of your own hair and it last long. Being that this is the best quality in terms of cost this type of hair will cost you the most.
For technique there are also many to choose from such as weaved, fusion, mini links, pre-tips, clip-on and so much more. Once you decide on whether you would like to add real hair extensions, I would recommend consulting a beauty salon expert with experience in adding extensions. This person can help you to decide what options are available in terms of hair quality and cost as well as maintenance. Good Luck on your new transformation.
Volume for the hair can be added using hair extension and it can also be used to cover the less hair areas thus making the appearance of the hair better. The extensions can be purchased online and there are some useful tips for that.
Step 1: Make a check in the internet for less expensive hair extensions. Many options will be available from real hair to synthetic hair of which we can make the best option.
Step2: Many companies also put up their advertisements offering the products. Depending on the country from where you are ordering the product, the price may vary. Check out different websites to know more details about the product at a discounted offer price. Products may be sometimes available at half the price thus saving more money.
Step 3: A number of websites provide online auction sale and products. Keep a regular look at these sites to know their promotional benefits.
Step4: Facebook and other promotional sites are also another media for advertisement, be a regular visitor at these sites to know the updates.
Gluing and sewing are the two common methods for attaching the extensions to hair. If you are deciding to use glue then attention should be paid to carefully select the product so as to give full protection for the hair. Pay for effective and harmless glue, or else, it could become loose and fall out after some hours. Beware of cheap extension products as they can cause considerable damages to your natural hair.
- Weave Hair Extensions Houston
- Weave Hair Extensions San Antonio
- Tape Hair Extensions Dallas
- Cheap Extensions Austin
- Hair Extensions Fort Worth
- Weave Hair Extensions El Paso
- Tape Hair Extensions Arlington
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Corpus Christi
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Plano
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Laredo
- Hair Extensions Lubbock
- Permanent Hair Extensions Garland
- Weave Hair Extensions Irving
- Tape Hair Extensions Amarillo
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Grand Prairie
- Hair Extensions Brownsville
- Tape Hair Extensions Pasadena
- Weave Hair Extensions Mesquite
- Tape Hair Extensions McKinney
- Purchase Hair Extensions McAllen
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Killeen
- Clip In Hair Extensions Waco
- Permanent Hair Extensions Carrollton
- Hair Extensions Beaumont
- Cheap Extensions Abilene
- Hair Extensions Frisco
- Hair Extensions Denton
- Permanent Hair Extensions Midland
- Clip In Hair Extensions Wichita Falls
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Odessa
- Permanent Hair Extensions Round Rock
- Permanent Hair Extensions Richardson
- Permanent Hair Extensions Tyler
- Hair Extensions Lewisville
- Clip In Hair Extensions College Station
- Cheap Extensions San Angelo
- Weave Hair Extensions Pearland
- Cheap Extensions Allen
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions League
- Purchase Hair Extensions Longview
- Cheap Extensions Sugar Land
- Tape Hair Extensions Edinburg
- Hair Extensions Mission
- Weave Hair Extensions Bryan
- Cheap Extensions Baytown
- Permanent Hair Extensions Pharr
- Cheap Extensions Missouri
- Tape Hair Extensions Temple
- Permanent Hair Extensions Harlingen
- Permanent Hair Extensions Flower Mound town
- Hair Extensions North Richland Hills
- Purchase Hair Extensions Victoria
- Weave Hair Extensions New Braunfels
- Clip In Hair Extensions Mansfield
- Permanent Hair Extensions Conroe
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Rowlett
- Cheap Extensions Port Arthur
- Cheap Extensions Euless
- Clip In Hair Extensions DeSoto
- Tape Hair Extensions Cedar Park
- Purchase Hair Extensions Galveston
- Purchase Hair Extensions Georgetown
- Permanent Hair Extensions Bedford
- Purchase Hair Extensions Pflugerville
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Grapevine
- Tape Hair Extensions Texas
- Purchase Hair Extensions Cedar Hill
- Weave Hair Extensions San Marcos
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Haltom
- Purchase Hair Extensions Wylie
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Keller
- Clip In Hair Extensions Coppell
- Cheap Extensions Huntsville
- Hair Extensions Duncanville
- Hair Extensions Sherman
- Clip In Hair Extensions Rockwall
- Purchase Hair Extensions Hurst
- Cheap Extensions Burleson
- Permanent Hair Extensions Texarkana
- Cheap Extensions Lancaster
- Tape Hair Extensions The Colony
- Permanent Hair Extensions Friendswood
- Purchase Hair Extensions Weslaco
- Hair Extensions Del Rio
- Tape Hair Extensions Lufkin
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions San Juan
- Tape Hair Extensions La Porte
- Hair Extensions Nacogdoches
- Purchase Hair Extensions Copperas Cove
- Cheap Extensions Socorro
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Deer Park
- Cheap Extensions Schertz
- Permanent Hair Extensions Rosenberg
- Purchase Hair Extensions Waxahachie
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Cleburne
- Hair Extensions Farmers Branch
- Cheap Extensions Kyle
- Permanent Hair Extensions Big Spring
- Weave Hair Extensions Lake Jackson
- Purchase Hair Extensions Harker Heights
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Southlake
- Purchase Hair Extensions Leander
- Hair Extensions Eagle Pass
- Purchase Hair Extensions Kingsville
- Cheap Extensions Little Elm
- Permanent Hair Extensions Greenville
- Hair Extensions Weatherford
- Clip In Hair Extensions Seguin
- Hair Extensions Paris
- Purchase Hair Extensions San Benito
- Permanent Hair Extensions Alvin
- Weave Hair Extensions Corsicana
- Purchase Hair Extensions Balch Springs
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Marshall
- Purchase Hair Extensions Watauga
- Tape Hair Extensions University Park
- Tape Hair Extensions Colleyville
- Purchase Hair Extensions Denison
- Purchase Hair Extensions Kerrville
- 20 Inch Hair Extensions Plainview
- Purchase Hair Extensions Benbrook
- Purchase Hair Extensions Sachse
More information here.