Hair extensions might seem like a new invention but in reality hair additions have been around as far back as the Egyptian times when both men and women work wigs. Since then hair pieces have been in and out of fashion ever since.
In 1800 fake hair was frowned upon and women left their hair to be natural until the Romantic era was in full swing when women wore elaborate Apollo knots. Come the mid Victorian era and hair pieces were used a lot more extensively. Then strangely in the early 20th century Edwardian women wore false hair additions to create the pompadour hairstyle which looked like a woman was wearing a teapot on her head. How that became fashionable I don’t really know!
Around the 1920’s less hair was the big thing so hair pieces took a dive around that time and it wasn’t until the 1940s when long hair came back into fashion and women starting indulging again. Then in the 1960’s big hair was back with a vengeance. Coils were the in thing or the updo as better known to us were seen of many women, this was created by very extravagant human hair pieces. Pyalong Wigs made from real or fake hair were commonly worn around this time too and carried on into the early 70’s. Come the 80’s and big hair was in but only natural hair. Famous singers wore wigs but that was about it.
Real Hair Extensions - The Key to Having Perfect Hair
Everything in this world is unique in some attributes, with its own appearance, qualities, likes, etc. We all differ form each other due to the fact that we have our individual personality. Same is the case with the non-living things. They differ from one other on the basis of advantages and disadvantages each one has. One can not disagree with the fact that everything has some pros and cons because nothing in this world is perfect. On the basis of these pros and cons the thing is either appreciated or not. Take an example of anything: T.V, washing machine, mobiles, oven, knife, gun, computers, internet, and the list goes on.
Micro ring hair extensions are the most favorite hair extensions among the females now-a-days. But the important thing is that they work out best with the females that suit them. We know that everything in this world has some advantages and disadvantages. It is better to know each of them before making the final purchase decision. In this way you will be able to select the one that is made for you. Hair extensions industry is moving fast and is flourishing day by day. Though manufacturers have made much contributions to the extensions and introduced modifications, but still they lack somewhere.
Let's start this hair extension topic with some interesting information. Over the years females have been using hair extensions. But still many of them are completely unaware of this product and have a list of questions related to it. Based on the reviews and experiences of the females who have used them we here have the list of advantages:
- They are easy to add to your hair as compared to others products
- They do not require any heating substance like glue or solution - this helps in reducing the chances of damage to scalp,
- They are easy to remove
- Their application is not time-consuming
- They give you the best look and great volume.
- They are completely undetectable once applied to the hair.
The disadvantages of micro rings are that the rings might be visible if you have very short hair. You can not use them for a day or just for an occasion - for this purpose you should use some other type of hair extensions. If you have very weak and damaged hair then micro rings are not the best choice for you. They might not give the grip that you want and this would cause shedding.
These are some of the pros and cons of the Micro Ring Hair Extensions. You should refer to these advantages and disadvantages before the product purchase process. On the other hand, micro ring hair extensions are the best choice for the females that have strong and good hair length.
The History of Pyalong
Hair extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair. You can find extensions in different colors and styles. Make sure that when you purchase extensions that they are of high quality, so that they will last and have a natural look.
What are the Different Types of Hair Extensions?
There are several basic types of hair extensions, including clip-in, micro-ring or loop, fusion bonding, sewn-in or tracking, and bonding and sealing extensions. The clip-in extensions are the easiest to apply, but they do not last as long as others and if not placed properly, they can come loose. The micro-ring or loop extensions do not damage hair, but for people with short hair, they are not recommended because they can be visible. Fusion bonding extensions last longer than some other methods, but they can cause damage and should be done by a professional. Sewn-in or tracking extensions are the longest lasting and most natural looking of the different types. These should be applied by a professional.
There are also bonding and sealing extensions that are very natural looking, and they are the sturdiest of the different types of hair extensions and almost invisible. They do take a long time to apply, and they must be applied by a professional, using special tools.
How Do I Apply Clip-in Extensions?
Applying clip-in extensions is an easy and fast way to change your look for a special evening. For the best results, use quality 100-percent virgin Indian hair extensions, which are the most natural looking of the products available. The following easy-to-follow steps will help guide you through the application of clip-in extensions:
- Part your hair horizontally from under one ear over to the other ear.
- Start at the lowest point of the hairline part the hair where you wish to create a section.
- Clip the remaining hair firmly out of the way, so that you can add your extensions.
- Take the first weft, making sure that it is long enough and wide enough to fit along the back of the hairline and open all of the clips.
- Take the chosen weft and just below the part, carefully clip into place. Make sure that the clip snaps close on your hair and is secure. Repeat with the remaining clips.
- Release the hair you secured out of the way and make a new part. To do this, comb down a new layer about a half-inch from the original part. Each time, you need to secure the remaining hair out of the way so that you can easily clip in the extension.
- Repeat the process for all the extensions.
- Check for any gaps by running your hand along the extensions to make sure that they lie flat across your head. Make any necessary adjustments.
- When applying the side pieces, make sure that they are secure, frame your face and blend with your natural hair.
- To remove the wefts, gently unclip the sections and move up and away from your hair. Try not to pull, as this can lead to hair loss.
The clip-in hair extensions are a quick method of applying extensions that you can do yourself, but most other extensions require a qualified professional to get the most natural looking results and to limit any damage done to your hair. The key to correctly applying any extensions is to do so in a way that they are not noticeable and blend with your natural hair.
Hair Extensions For Fine Or Thin Hair
A hair extension is the technique of adding hair that isn't your own onto your own natural hair. There are a variety of methods for adding a hair extension, including weaving, bonding, braiding and strand by strand. Some of these techniques are best performed by trained hair professionals, while others are simple enough for you to do yourself, at home.
They can be styled and washed which makes them a versatile way of achieving a new look. Hair extensions and hairpieces come in a range of hair types - wavy, curly and long straight and sleek; various textures and lengths.
Celebrities have been seen wearing hairpieces and clip in hair extensions for the past few months which has caused this hair accessory to become popular with women of all ages around the world. One of the most versatile forms of hairpiece is the clip on ponytail, which is simple and easy to attach to your own hair pulled back in a knot.
These are available in inexpensive synthetic as well as human hair which are both fully washable. Hair extensions are a temporary answer to achieving a different hair style whether you go to a salon and have it professionally attached or put in in yourself.
Clip in hair extensions cover a range of techniques and applications. To experience a funky modern look without damaging your hair with chemicals and dyes, try a clip in color streaks hair extension.
You get to create a fun look that is only temporary and you can return to your normal style the next day. Try long hair for a day, add highlights or lowlights, add some curls or waves - the possibilities are almost endless. Watch what the celebs are doing and copy it to be really up to the minute with the latest fashion looks.
Clip in extensions vary in width from 2 to 8 inches and are attached to your own hair by means of the small toupee clips which are sewn onto the extensions. Each extension is attached to small sections of the natural hair, using the clips. You simply section your hair horizontally and snap the clips shut over your hair, just inder the part you made, near the scalp. Be careful not to catch your scalp - this could be painful. The clip in hair extensions are fine to wear day and night, but need to be removed before going to sleep.
Here are some tips for fitting your clip-in hair extensions -
* Before fitting your extension, straighten your own hair. You will get a more natural blending of your own hair with the hair in the extensions.
* Practice opening and closing the snap clips on the hair extension. Use both your thumbs and your index fingers, and apply firm pressure to the ends of the clip . Leave each one open so they will be ready for fitting to your hair.
* You might find it helps to lightly tease the underside of each section of your own hair before fitting the clips. This will help to give a firmer grip on your hair.
* Start from the bottom of your head and work up towards the top.
* The longer lengths are best used for the back of the head and the shorter lengths are for the sides.
* Lightly comb your own hair over the extensions and check there are no lumps or bumps.
After you have practised a few times you will be able to fit your clip in hair extensions quickly and easily to create great fashion looks and special styles for a memorable occasion.