Hair extensions might seem like a new invention but in reality hair additions have been around as far back as the Egyptian times when both men and women work wigs. Since then hair pieces have been in and out of fashion ever since.
In 1800 fake hair was frowned upon and women left their hair to be natural until the Romantic era was in full swing when women wore elaborate Apollo knots. Come the mid Victorian era and hair pieces were used a lot more extensively. Then strangely in the early 20th century Edwardian women wore false hair additions to create the pompadour hairstyle which looked like a woman was wearing a teapot on her head. How that became fashionable I don’t really know!
Around the 1920’s less hair was the big thing so hair pieces took a dive around that time and it wasn’t until the 1940s when long hair came back into fashion and women starting indulging again. Then in the 1960’s big hair was back with a vengeance. Coils were the in thing or the updo as better known to us were seen of many women, this was created by very extravagant human hair pieces. Bellbridge Wigs made from real or fake hair were commonly worn around this time too and carried on into the early 70’s. Come the 80’s and big hair was in but only natural hair. Famous singers wore wigs but that was about it.
Hair Extensions For Fine Or Thin Hair
You may have considered getting hair extensions at one point. They are a quick and easy way to add length and a new look to your hair. But you may have no idea where to go to get something like this done. There may be hair extensions salons with good reputations, but some of them might be far away. Also, it is hard to know if the hair salon on the street corner offers hair extensions or whether they do a good job.
There are several ways to investigate the hair extension business to find a place near you that you will be happy with. One of the main ways to do this is to carefully consider all of the online resources. Of course you can look at general beauty salon sites, such as The Hair Boutique. Sites like this offer general information and reviews of various salons and indicate what services they offer, including whether they offer hair extensions.
You can also get more specific in your internet searching. Say you lived in Detroit and were wanting to find a Hair Extension salon in your neighborhood, You would enter "Detroit Hair Extension Salons" or something similar into a search engine, and you would get a number of different hits of different local information as well as more national directories. There are a few that stand out that you might want to consider:
1. Hair Boutique is an informative site that has many different links to salon sites. You would pretty much need to have the site in mind that you were looking for at this site, because the sites are listed alphabetically and not by area, but once you find a site you can find lots of information about it along with being able to contact it through the site.
2. The Salon Locator is a site that has lists of salons by area, particularly by state. There are also various informational resources on the site such as hair loss information and care and upkeep of extensions. You can order supplies and get training resources.
3. HairBonz. This is a site for the particular brand of the HairBonz system of extensions.
There are also sites listing information about for particular needs. Black Beauty Care Directory is a site specifically for African American concerns with using hair extensions, and categorized by the salons in each state that offer salons that have experience servicing African American Hair needs. If all else fails you can enter more and more specific information in the search engine until you find what you might be looking for in a particular Salon, or to check out the one you might be thinking about near you you can always enter its name.
The History of Bellbridge
Even people who do not have long or good quality hairs can look stunning and leave a long lasting impression on the viewers by using hair extensions. These days with the change in trends and fashion, styles are changing frequently and people want to sport a new look every few days. Hair expansion is a very good way through which you can change your style as and when desired.
Hair extension can be temporary as well as permanent, but before going for a permanent extension, you should first think about its advantages and disadvantages. In this article I would mainly tell you about some tips that can really make your hairs look good with hair expansions.
1. No about the benefits and disadvantages
Hair extensions can really give you a very good look but you should be thoroughly aware of its pros and cons. People who have very weak hairs or are bald can go for hairs plantations or permanent hair expansions but those who just want a new look can use the temporary methods.
2. Take the advice of your stylist
Your hair stylist is the person who can really tell you as to what would be best for your hair. You should always take their advice before changing your hair style. Hair extensions can be done with human as well as artificial hair but not every one is suitable for this process. If your stylist advises you against this process then you must surely listen to them.
3. Do a proper research
Permanent hair expansion are often more costly then the temporary one, before actually considering this process you must always do a proper research. You can find out information on the internet about this procedure and can even consult friends who have undergone this process.
4. Use suitable hair extensions
There are different types of extensions available for different quality hair. You can get them for blonde, brunette, red, curly, wavy and straight. Other qualities like virgin, Asian and European are now available in a large number of salons and outlets. You must always use the extensions that look good with your real hair.
5. Methods for hair expansions
There are various methods which you can use for styling your hair with extensions, some of them are braiding, ring x, using clip-on, bonding, I tip, U tip and using chemical glues.
6. Taking special care
If you have chosen the permanent expansion method, then you need to take proper care of your hair. Use all the after care products that your stylist advice you to purchase. If you take care of your hair in a proper manner then your extensions can easily last up to six months.
I am sure the above given information would greatly help you get a new look using hair extensions.
Hair Extensions - Give Your Hair a New Look
Hair extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair. You can find extensions in different colors and styles. Make sure that when you purchase extensions that they are of high quality, so that they will last and have a natural look.
What are the Different Types of Hair Extensions?
There are several basic types of hair extensions, including clip-in, micro-ring or loop, fusion bonding, sewn-in or tracking, and bonding and sealing extensions. The clip-in extensions are the easiest to apply, but they do not last as long as others and if not placed properly, they can come loose. The micro-ring or loop extensions do not damage hair, but for people with short hair, they are not recommended because they can be visible. Fusion bonding extensions last longer than some other methods, but they can cause damage and should be done by a professional. Sewn-in or tracking extensions are the longest lasting and most natural looking of the different types. These should be applied by a professional.
There are also bonding and sealing extensions that are very natural looking, and they are the sturdiest of the different types of hair extensions and almost invisible. They do take a long time to apply, and they must be applied by a professional, using special tools.
How Do I Apply Clip-in Extensions?
Applying clip-in extensions is an easy and fast way to change your look for a special evening. For the best results, use quality 100-percent virgin Indian hair extensions, which are the most natural looking of the products available. The following easy-to-follow steps will help guide you through the application of clip-in extensions:
- Part your hair horizontally from under one ear over to the other ear.
- Start at the lowest point of the hairline part the hair where you wish to create a section.
- Clip the remaining hair firmly out of the way, so that you can add your extensions.
- Take the first weft, making sure that it is long enough and wide enough to fit along the back of the hairline and open all of the clips.
- Take the chosen weft and just below the part, carefully clip into place. Make sure that the clip snaps close on your hair and is secure. Repeat with the remaining clips.
- Release the hair you secured out of the way and make a new part. To do this, comb down a new layer about a half-inch from the original part. Each time, you need to secure the remaining hair out of the way so that you can easily clip in the extension.
- Repeat the process for all the extensions.
- Check for any gaps by running your hand along the extensions to make sure that they lie flat across your head. Make any necessary adjustments.
- When applying the side pieces, make sure that they are secure, frame your face and blend with your natural hair.
- To remove the wefts, gently unclip the sections and move up and away from your hair. Try not to pull, as this can lead to hair loss.
The clip-in hair extensions are a quick method of applying extensions that you can do yourself, but most other extensions require a qualified professional to get the most natural looking results and to limit any damage done to your hair. The key to correctly applying any extensions is to do so in a way that they are not noticeable and blend with your natural hair.