Hair extensions might seem like a new invention but in reality hair additions have been around as far back as the Egyptian times when both men and women work wigs. Since then hair pieces have been in and out of fashion ever since.
In 1800 fake hair was frowned upon and women left their hair to be natural until the Romantic era was in full swing when women wore elaborate Apollo knots. Come the mid Victorian era and hair pieces were used a lot more extensively. Then strangely in the early 20th century Edwardian women wore false hair additions to create the pompadour hairstyle which looked like a woman was wearing a teapot on her head. How that became fashionable I don’t really know!
Around the 1920’s less hair was the big thing so hair pieces took a dive around that time and it wasn’t until the 1940s when long hair came back into fashion and women starting indulging again. Then in the 1960’s big hair was back with a vengeance. Coils were the in thing or the updo as better known to us were seen of many women, this was created by very extravagant human hair pieces. Halls Gap Wigs made from real or fake hair were commonly worn around this time too and carried on into the early 70’s. Come the 80’s and big hair was in but only natural hair. Famous singers wore wigs but that was about it.
Wigs Vs Clip in Hair Extensions
Even people who do not have long or good quality hairs can look stunning and leave a long lasting impression on the viewers by using hair extensions. These days with the change in trends and fashion, styles are changing frequently and people want to sport a new look every few days. Hair expansion is a very good way through which you can change your style as and when desired.
Hair extension can be temporary as well as permanent, but before going for a permanent extension, you should first think about its advantages and disadvantages. In this article I would mainly tell you about some tips that can really make your hairs look good with hair expansions.
1. No about the benefits and disadvantages
Hair extensions can really give you a very good look but you should be thoroughly aware of its pros and cons. People who have very weak hairs or are bald can go for hairs plantations or permanent hair expansions but those who just want a new look can use the temporary methods.
2. Take the advice of your stylist
Your hair stylist is the person who can really tell you as to what would be best for your hair. You should always take their advice before changing your hair style. Hair extensions can be done with human as well as artificial hair but not every one is suitable for this process. If your stylist advises you against this process then you must surely listen to them.
3. Do a proper research
Permanent hair expansion are often more costly then the temporary one, before actually considering this process you must always do a proper research. You can find out information on the internet about this procedure and can even consult friends who have undergone this process.
4. Use suitable hair extensions
There are different types of extensions available for different quality hair. You can get them for blonde, brunette, red, curly, wavy and straight. Other qualities like virgin, Asian and European are now available in a large number of salons and outlets. You must always use the extensions that look good with your real hair.
5. Methods for hair expansions
There are various methods which you can use for styling your hair with extensions, some of them are braiding, ring x, using clip-on, bonding, I tip, U tip and using chemical glues.
6. Taking special care
If you have chosen the permanent expansion method, then you need to take proper care of your hair. Use all the after care products that your stylist advice you to purchase. If you take care of your hair in a proper manner then your extensions can easily last up to six months.
I am sure the above given information would greatly help you get a new look using hair extensions.
The History of Halls Gap
You see them everywhere; they allow celebrities to go from short hair to greater lengths in an instant. Some look awful while others blend so well that no one would ever suspect; but have you ever wondered where the hair used in extensions comes from? Is it from human sources? What kind of process does it go through before it is attached as an extension? This article will address some of these questions and offer a couple of other insights into the world of the hair extension industry that may interest the average, information seeking, consumer.
First, we should establish that there are many companies that send buyers out to acquire hair for hair extensions and, without sounding biased to one brand or the other, I will just say this... not all hair extensions are created equal, so, buyer beware!
There are three basic categories of hair that is used for hair extensions.
• Synthetic - Hair made from synthetic fibers that are less likely to tangle with your natural hair but is very susceptible to melting due to heat from hot dryers and irons.
• Animal - In particular, the animal hair that is widely used for extensions comes from the under-belly of the Yak. It is claimed that this type of hair, because of its texture and look, has the most suitable structure for use as a match for chemically relaxed and treated African-Ethnic hair. One major drawback is that from there are those who will experience or develop allergic reactions to the Yak hair.
• Human - This hair may come from a variety of geographical regions. A word of caution: There are companies that will claim that the product you are receiving is from a human source but on final analysis, it may be shown to contain animal hair or synthetic fibers, as well. The reason this is allowed to occur is due to the technicality that if a collection of hair joined to form an extension strand contains at least one human strand in the mix, by legal standards it can be marketed as human. So, when researching where your particular extensions come from, always make sure that you are guaranteed that what you are buying is 100% human hair.
Now that we have categorized what the basic types of hair extensions are made of, we can look a little further into how the human hair, used in hair extensions, is collected.
Human hair collected for extensions can be categorized as:
• Remy: Meaning that all the hairs still have their cuticle layers intact with each strand faced in the same direction (this creates a natural fall to the extension, keeps tangling to a minimum, and allows light reflectivity for shine). Ideally the donor of this type of hair has a long braid cut from their head so as to preserve the quality of the cuticle layers following the same direction. Because of the care taken when gathering Remy hair, it tends to be more expensive to purchase but is the most desirable and suitable hair to use.
• Non-Remy: Cuticle layers are not aligned in the same directional flow. These strands are usually collected as naturally shed, fallen hair that is collected from hairbrushes. As you can imagine, this confused mixture of hair is very prone to tangling and matting due to the cuticle layers of the individual hairs not following in the same directions. To rectify this, these hairs are often subjected to acid treatments that remove the cuticle layers from the hair shafts, leaving behind a product that is weakened and dull looking. A silicone is then added to the hair to make the dull, stripped hair shinier. Over time this silicone erodes and washes away, leaving the Non-Remy tresses in their post-chemically treated, compromised condition. Being of lesser quality, this hair is less cost prohibitive than that of Remy hair but typically, produces a less desirable result.
Hopefully, I've shed a bit of light on where hair extension hair comes from, how it's processed, and created a platform where those of you that may be interested in getting an expert hair extension service performed will be able to make thoughtful decisions about the products that are used on your head.
Human Hair Extensions
Every girl dreams of her wedding day! How absolutely fun it is to plan! You can express your personal style in everything for this special day.
After the engagement, the plans start becoming reality. The hurdle most parents and bride have to get over is the cost. The bride and parents budget for all of the normal wedding costs. These are a few of the normal wedding costs.
- Engagement photos
- Ceremony location
- Minister to marry them
- Ceremony music
- Ceremony flowers
- Ceremony candles and decorations
- Wedding dress
- Dinner costs
- Wedding cake
- Party favors
- Rental equipment
Some brides have found a way to express their own style and flair in their hair and beauty in an economical way. What's their secret? They are turning to clip-on hair extensions to help them look their best for this special occasion. This is the "hottest" beauty item today! Whether they want a glamorous updo or long beautiful flowing locks, hair extensions can give them this in an instant.
Why would a bride need hair extensions? For women with thin or fine hair, extensions can give them length, volume and thickness. These would allow them to try new hair styles without a professional. The more hair they have the more dramatic styles that can be created. Women want to look and be special! Imagine transforming your short to medium hair styles into long free-flowing locks or a fabulous updo just for this special occasion!
What types of clip-on hair extensions are there? A couple types of hair extensions are natural human hair or synthetic. Natural hair extensions are considerably more expensive. The advantages with these is that they can be colored, curled, set, or treated. Applying natural hair extensions should be done by a licensed cosmetologist. They can be weaved or glued onto one's hair. You could easily spend up to $2,000 on this type of extension. Synthetic hair extensions are less expensive but you cannot use a hair dryer on them, set them or color them. They are attached with a small clip. They can be put in and out in an instant. Most extensions come in a variety of colors to match your own hair. The extensions blend many color tones to give a highlighting effect.
Brides have fallen in love with these hair extensions not only for their wedding day but also for the ease of changing their hair look for their honeymoon. They can change their hair style to match their trendy fashions. Maybe they want ponytail curls or a long and sleek style! The extensions can be removed one day and clipped back in again for another event. How fun!
As my daughter and I are planning her special wedding day, we are experimenting with hair extensions for that perfect hair style for her veil and dress. Her dream wedding is right around the corner. Hope your wedding day is as you dreamed it would be! When planning your dream wedding remember this little hair styling secret. You will look gorgeous without going over budget. The possibilities are endless!